Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has physically seen the GT500, Camaro and Challenger?

Old 03-16-2007, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has physically seen the GT500, Camaro and Challenger?

Man, all you people who have seen this beast in person, I am jealous. Living in a some what small town, we never get stuff like auto shows, closest one to me would be LA Auto Show and thats a 12hr drive.[:@]
Old 03-16-2007, 09:24 PM

I've seen all three at the Detroit auto show and Toronto auto shows.

2006 Detroit auto show (NAIAS)

Camaro Concept draws huge crowds around turntable with people lined up 3 deep. I was really impressed with the futuristic mean look to the Camaro. i believe it will age well over its lifetime. Also believe it will sell over 100,000 per year with various itinerations coming on board. You know, V6, V8, convertible, and SS or Z28 models. Price should compete favourable with inexpensive V6 Mustang to the rip-snorting SS (give GT500 a run)

Dodge Challenge Concept looked absolutely stunning in person. It drew humungous crowds....even larger than the Camaro draw. Enthusiasts were lined up 5 people deep around the carousel. A very modern retro design with instant appeal to all ages, from 16 year olds to the 50+ yrs who lusted after the original 70's era Challenger. However, this one will be MUCH MUCH better with lots of go-power, and the creature comforts, and today modern electronics to handle everything.
[sm=outcold.gif][sm=outcold.gif] [sm=outcold.gif][sm=outcold.gif] It made my feel real faint in its presence!

Mustang GT500 looks like a fancied-up regular Mustang. I love the retro Stang and feel that Ford has nailed the market on the head again, for the second time against GM, and beat them to market by FOUR years. However, the super fast GT500 is not worth the premium price. I do not want to drive what essentially looks like the regular V6 Mustang with a few additional aero package features, some hood stripes and a monster motor.

2007 Toronto auto show (CAIS)

Camaro concept, this time in red was still impressive to my eye. However, it did NOT draw large crowds in Canada.
However, I did find it attractive after seeing for the second time after one year. Definitely believe it will be a good seller.

Dodge Challenger Concept, all the same emotions welled up inside when I eye-balled it again. It was not on a turntable, and drew huge crowds in Toronto. I went to see it twice in the same day about 3 hours apart. I headed to the Challenger display at the beginning and end of my car show experience. Both time, many folk were oohing and ahhing over the Challenger. Everyone was taking lots of photos, looking and examining it from many angles.[sm=groupwave.gif]
For these reason, I believe it will be a strong seller for DCX.

Mustang GT500, I just walked by it from 10 feet away and did not bother to stop and examine it. There were around 8 to 10 various Mustangs at the Toronto show. However, not many car enthusiasts were ogling the GT500 or the other Mustangs either.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:43 PM

I been lucky enough to see them and hear 1.
Challenger...Infatuated with it. Well, nothing more to be said about it!!!! A MICHAELANGELO ON WHEELS AND 'ROIDS!!!

GT500...Love it. Slight bias since my first car/love was '67 'Stang w/302 dropped in by Dad. Saw a black/charcoal 500 flyby yest. on Rt 322 outside Philly. Sounded great. Didn't know it was a GT500(thought worked GT or Saleen) until I got off next exit and he pulled into gas station. He got on revs a few times and it sounded beautiful. I had a '94 and '96 Viper and this sounded deeper and meaner. I assume it was stock.

Camaro...like it alot. I love the retro look of the 2 above. Seems Chevy went retro/futuristic. Still cool.

My "Vision" came true...A few years ago when the stang concept came out I said to my motorhead buddies that Plymouth/Dodge should make a computer program that took each years(except maybe late 70's) models of Vettes, Camaros, Stangs, Firebirds etc. and do a projection of what a 'Cuda/Challenger, would look like now and DAMN if they didn't do right. Now lets see 'em doa 'Cuda or somebody make a great 'Cuda kit package.
Bill
Old 03-16-2007, 09:52 PM

Thou never seeing any of the three in person, heres my take on it. Even though the Mustang retro style is nice, the Stang has been in production since 64 and is kinda of an old toy. Enter the retro Challenger, which looks similiar to the original, but more modern an has been on hiatus since 74, a new toy to play with. Enter the retro Camaro at the same time, even though being out of production since 2002(I think), it really hasn't been gone long enough for people to die for, don't get me wrong, its a nice car. Thats just my point of view.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:04 PM

Yes, I agree 110%. Thats a huge part of the excitement. Mustang being new design of existing model of which there are millions of on the road and the Camaro which hasn't been around for about 5 years and the 'Challenger' which hasn't been around for over 3 decades.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Banned

I only have first hand experience w/the GT 500.My neighbor is a collector and has 7 yes SEVEN GT500's. He just p/u a Blk/Blk vert last week. He has the original window stickers on 5 of them and they were trailered from the dlr to his house. He plans on keeping them w/ under 5 miles and stickers still on the windows. He has just about every color combo you can get.

I have put about 100 miles on his white one w/ blue strips. The car is great, nothing to brag about but fast enough, handles ok, built fairly well and stops when you want. I am spoiled by my 06 M3's build quality but I still dig the stang. I hate how when you shift the whole body pitches forward then when you hit the gas it reels back on its heels. My m3 is rock stable regadless what you are doing but I guess that messed up weight balance and extra 460 lbs up front does this.

I can also give reviews of his AMG SL 65, C6 Z06, Bently GT, 2 Ford GT's my fav, 1966 fast back stang, ferrari 430 & 575, Porsche Carerra GT (his DD) and his GT3 RS(wont let me drive but have ridden it) It is the KING of cars except for the CGT.

Yeah he has a crowded gargage
Old 03-18-2007, 02:34 PM

Just got back from the Dallas car show - no Challenger, but both the GT500 and the Camaro Concept were there... ...here are my impressions...

GT 500 - It was blue with white stripes and I liked it. It had a muscle car stance that made it look like it could 'pounce', and of courese the classic Mustang lines. The interior was not impessive, but what new car is anymore? It had great underhood atmosphere, but anything with a supercharger mounted on top generates great underhood appeal. Overall, I liked the look of the car.

Camaro Concept - GM brought in the convertable concept, and while it seemed to be getting its share of the public, I just did not like the lines. It appears they tried to keep it true to the original, however, as a fromer owner of a 69 Z28, it just doesn't make it with me. It was on a display stand with no open hood, so I could not judge the underhood view, and because it was elevated with doors closed, couldn't see inside. The Camaro will not draw me away from the challenger, regardless of which powertrain they offer.

The Dodge representation was not that impressive at the Dallas show, they seemed more focused on the Avenger, the Durango, and of course Jeep. They did have an '07 Charger SRT8 on display. There was a DCX representative on hand giving out literature on the 2007 line, and I asked him if he had any update on the Challenger. His response was a knowing smile (like he had been asked a million times) and said to his knowledge they would hit the dealers in January, with some select dealers getting them before the Holidays...
Old 04-03-2007, 11:48 AM

Hi everyone. New here.

I saw the Challenger at the Denver Int'l Autoshow last year. I fell in love immediately. Orange w/ black rally stripes. Beautiful.

I've got a Shelby GT500 coming. Vista blue coupe w/ Tungsten stripes. It's in final assembly right now and should be delivered around the end of April.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:28 PM

I've seen the "real" Challenger and you won't be dissappointed at all!!! Ya'll know that typically a concept car gets dumbed down when it's released as a production vehicle. Not this time! If you like the concept, you'll love the production version. More Challenger news should be coming soon!
Old 04-11-2007, 05:17 PM

I saw the Camaro and Challenger concepts in Chicago 2006 and they both looked sweet. Haven't seen the GT500, and don't really feel like I'm missing out. I respect the performance, but just doesn't do it for me.

The Camaro looked really cool and retro-futuristic. I think f it were on the street today it would really turn heads. The sharp edges and sliver paint on the coupe make it look like it was machined from a lump of polished metal. I haven't seen the convertible in person, but I don't like it quite as much based on the pictures.

The Challenger just looked awesome. F***ing awesome. I immediately started giggling like a mental patient when I saw it. The Camaro was cool, but didn't even begin to grab my attention like the Challenger. And of course I didn't go out and join any Camaro forums either... Challenger pics do not do justice to the physical presence of the car.

Browndawgdude, did you see an actual "production" version of the car? That's great if they kept it pretty much the same. Any tweaks that you noticed/

Quick Reply: Who has physically seen the GT500, Camaro and Challenger?