Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who's waiting for the manual?

Old 12-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who's waiting for the manual?

Well just as long as you understand that a convertible hasn't necessarily been confirmed just as of yet.
Let's say that it was confirmed, it would be 2 years before it was available because of a redesign. The rear seat size changes, so does
trunk space, quarter panels, chassis has to be beefed up (of course that adds 200-300 lbs). We may be talking 2010 before it is available
the question then becomes will the Challenger still be available........well let's hope so.

I posted this previously on on another thread but something to think about. This happend 2 weeks ago to my friend by the smaller car.
He walked away because he had his seat belt on. With a convertible, you would have been dog meat.

Oh yeah for all of you guys that didn't like "B" pillars several months back.....they certainly help.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/E22AE861757C41E6BCA19B6F2F50C83A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/647A82513BFB4E2FBA9DA5D48CE0CE09.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:47 PM

I am waiting for the '09 for the same reasons (manual and meeting or beating msrp), PLUS more time to save!!! I'm 80% sure I'm getting the 6.1 manual, 20% sure I'm getting the 5.7 manual. At that point the cost will not be the decisive factor, rather my thoughts on fuel economy.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:18 AM

I'm waiting for the 6sp. AND the 392 HEMI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:33 AM

Not sure a manual is a must for me. Had 6 speeds on my two GTOs and on the GT500. Sometimes I want to be lazy. Click in D and go. Want at least one Auto muscle car either the new Camaro or the Challenger. More interested in a 500+ HP version although the 425 HP 6.1 is very strong as well.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:49 AM

DIDO on the price factor but a manual is a must.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:57 AM

I'm waiting for the manual and hopefully the revised 5.7L. I would like to have the lifetime warrenty and better gas mileage. I already have a car that will suit my horsepower needs.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Mikesan, the one thing I'm going to give you a heads up on is I don't think anything more powerful than the 6.1L will be offered with THAT automatic. Unless Chrysler is planning on using either one of their RUMORED dual-clutch autos or a different automatic of some sort, I wouldn't wage on finding anything more powerful than the 6.1L with an auto from the Challenger. The limit on that transmission is supposed to be slightly higher than the 6.1L, so their isn't very much room for more power than the 6.1L currently with the automatic offerings. I'm also waiting to see if they decide to offer something more powerful than the 6.1L.

Jeremiah, those are good points. Safety is also a reason why I don't want a convertible; however, do remember that it is easier to flip over a top heavy truck than a low to the ground muscle car, but not necessarily impossible considering how fast some might drive the car.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-13-2007, 05:51 PM

I'm definitely waiting for the six-speed manual, to be mated to either a 6.1 L or a bigger motor. I already have an automatic '02 Impala as a beater/daily driver to take me through the "lazy" high stress weekdays in L.A traffic. I love automatics for their convenience and pure manual transmissions for the thrill and skill needed to properly operate them. Incidentally, I have a question: if Dodge already did the R & D for the six-speed, as plainly evident in their concept Challenger, why are they putting the manual transmission version off until at least the '09 production year???
Old 12-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Probably to prolong the burn.....keeping people tuned in and chomping at the bit for their version. They also probably have to do some retooling of the plant to support the mating of these right? Being that the drivetrain will be largely unadulterated from the Charger/Magnum/300C, there still is a transition period necessary. At least that's a theory. Any Dodge reps still reviewing this? Care to answer?

Kind of makes you wonder how often they watch without commenting. I see the dodge guy post on occasion.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Give me a 6-speed manual/6.5L/MDS/VVT/dual clutch/flowmasters........that is what I am talking about.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: Who's waiting for the manual?