Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Will I be able to buy a new challenger in two years?

Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will I be able to buy a new challenger in two years?

for that much money I'd be driving an audi r8 :P.

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: sjgould

I am in love with the design of this car and vow to own one after some things are taken cared of financially. I fear that the merger with GM would mean they are going to eventually axe the challenger. IF they do decide to merge, how much time do I have?
In response to your question if you'll be able to buy a Challenger in two years, definitely yes. Contact me if Dodge has gone out of business, and you can have mine for, say, a mere $125,000.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 AM

As of today no ones knows if you'll be able to buy a new Challenger in two years, so buy now or buy used. Perhpas a 2010 Challenger with a 6.4 will be available...perhaps.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:33 AM

lol, I highly doubt the camaro will flop. It's a legit mustang killer, with good looks, and strong customer loyalty. One of the reasons why I prefer the challenger over the camaro is because I know everybody and their wife will eventually buy the camaro.
Sadly enough I think youre right SJ. On the contrary I personally believe evryone and there wife ought to be driving the Challenger...
Old 10-20-2008, 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: 2007HemiCuda

As of today no ones knows if you'll be able to buy a new Challenger in two years, so buy now or buy used. Perhpas a 2010 Challenger with a 6.4 will be available...perhaps.
I think the 6.4 is a longshot at best. I seriously doubt we will ever see it. A merger with GM and we will be lucky to see the Challenger hang on through the 09 season.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:41 AM

for that much money I'd be driving an audi r8 :P.

I am in love with the design of this car and vow to own one after some things are taken cared of financially. I fear that the merger with GM would mean they are going to eventually axe the challenger. IF they do decide to merge, how much time do I have?
In response to your question if you'll be able to buy a Challenger in two years, definitely yes. Contact me if Dodge has gone out of business, and you can have mine for, say, a mere $125,000.
For that much money, I'd turn around and buy a restored 70 Challenger. [8D]
Old 10-20-2008, 12:01 PM

[/quote]
For that much money, I'd turn around and buy a restored 70 Challenger. [8D]
[/quote]

A nice HEMI Challenger in fact, or two nice big-block cars. But, then you could also get yourself a nice wingcar with today's pricing having come down a bit...
Old 10-20-2008, 01:49 PM

OK, The true value of the Chrysler, is Jeep, the Dodge Truck line and the minivans. The trucks line is in trouble with fuel prices. Minivans are being hurt by the crossovers . Sorry I haven’t seen anything that shows the Challenger is profitable (there are still 08 for sale and they had 6400 pre-orders in the first week) The LX has had fair sales on the back of the 300s but they dropped the Magnum. The Charger fleet line may have some value.
As for the Camaro does anyone remember the GTO? It was built on the same Holden platform. I hope it does better but I don’t see the Camaro as a sure thing. If GM doesn’t have fair success with the Camaro it may not last to long. It will be interesting to see what Ford does with the next generation Mustang.

BTW for 125 i'll go for a XV Challenger