Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Wishful Thinking: Challenger Plant Pick-up Program

Old 02-18-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wishful Thinking: Challenger Plant Pick-up Program

Challenger Factory Delivery Program

I would call this fictitious delivery program CH8 (Challenger Hemi 8 cyl.)

Chevrolet offers its Corvette buyers a factory option (R8C) of picking up their brand new corvette at the Bowling Green, Kentucky factory.

Wouldn't it be a great idea if DCX would also offer its prospective Challenger owners the option of picking up your new Challenger at the Brampton, Ontario plant.

Tour the factory, perhaps watch your Challenger being built, and meet the guys buiding your Challenger.
Then spend a few days in cosmopolitan Toronto, catch a theatre show, do dinner in the multicultural city and visit its many tourist sites. CN Tower, Eaton Centre, shop Bloor st; Center Island, catch a professional sport ( Maple Leafs, Blue Jays, Raptors, Argos) . Then take a lovely cruise to your home state/province.

I would definitely sign up for it and I live 30 minutes from the Brampton factory.

Here is a couple of links describing Vette owners experience in the factory delivery program.

FYI, they have a buyers tour which is not included in the R8C museum delivery option, for additional $350 bucks. If I were picking up a new car, I would spring for it.

http://store.corvettemuseum.com/services/buyertour.asp

A second link describes and shows some photos of Corvette owners picking up their cars in Bowling Green.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ctory+delivery

So, what's your opinion guys and gals. Would you pay a little extra to come see and pick up your brand new Challenger at the factory?[sm=feedback.gif]
Old 02-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Wishful Thinking: Challenger Plant Pick-up Program

I would love to do that as I love Toronto and have been to eat at the CN Tower 4 times and watch a BlueJay game. Meeting the Challenger builders would be cool too.

I the end I would still have them ship it down because I do not want to put all of those miles getting back to Texas.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:33 PM

My sister's friend had a chance to go watch her volvo built in Europe, she really enjoyed it and was able to plan a mini vacation around her trip.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Rob

For sure! I would pick it up just so the dealer doesn't touch it

Old 02-19-2007, 07:15 PM

Jeremiah,

it sure is a LONG way to Texas.

However, I would volunteer my time, take a week off work, and kindly drive your Challenger to Texas. I would ask Rob, who lives in Toronto, if he would like to tag along for company.

We would promise to take real good care of it and promise not to drive through the state of Montana.

[sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif]
Old 02-19-2007, 08:48 PM

LOL, Rob and Blu Angel's challenger transportation service. LOL
Old 02-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Rob

LOL...what a great idea!

My slogan!

I'll get it to you fast ...faster than anyone else!
Old 02-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

You guys are too funny!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:18 AM

Keep in mind that Kowalski worked for a car-delivery service.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:45 PM

Ooohhh!!! I can be DJ "SUPER SOUL" [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]. "Okay Kowalski (or should I say blu angel and Rob), you got to keep the man off your tail, I-95 is locked up and these jive turkeys aint going to stop till they get ya. so ride on Kowalski [sm=gears.gif]." "And there goes the Challenger, being chased by the blue, blue meanies on wheels. the vicious traffic squad cars are after our lone driver, the last american hero." lol! [sm=lol.gif]

Quick Reply: Wishful Thinking: Challenger Plant Pick-up Program