Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Woodward Dream Cruise 2006

Old 08-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woodward Dream Cruise 2006

Back on May 10, I heard a rumor that Challenger was going to annouce they were going to build this car at the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Well I was wrong, as they already did that 6 weeks ago. So what are they going to tell us at this event.

Price, configuration, changes to the concept, etc.. Well what ever it is I hope somebody is there with a recorder and camera in hand
and will tell us what they heard and post what they saw on this forum.

I hope to hear good news in 12 hours and post those pictures!

Have fun but don't keep us in the dark too long.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Default RE: Woodward Dream Cruise 2007

i will be there, but the media site makes no mention of any new info...but it DOES say that the challenger will be cruising...
Old 08-19-2006, 08:30 AM

There is a thread on Moparts that claims the Challenger will not be at the Woodard Dream Cruise.

Here is a link: http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...gonew=1#UNREAD

I hope it is just a bad rumor...

XS
Old 08-19-2006, 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i will be there, but the media site makes no mention of any new info...but it DOES say that the challenger will be cruising...
Good to hear... looks like the Moparts thread is doing a bit more DCX bashing... the 4 door comments are getting waaaaay old!

So far DCX is doing everything right on the Challenger, yet some folks just keep bashing.

XS
Old 08-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Administrator

i was also dissapointed that the new charger wasnt what the charger of old may have been, but its still a damn fine car...if i was in the market for a bigger sedan, the RT or SRT8 would be high on my list..

actually, sedans arent outside of my options for the next new car, but the 300C is above the charger...i have been in love with the srt-8 300c since driving one a while back...
Old 08-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

From this it looks like the Challenger will be there.

Take a Cruise Down Memory Lane with TheCarConnection.com's Complete Coverage of the Woodward Dream Cruise
Also catch spy shots of Mercedes S-Class convertible, test drive the Yukon Denali and the Dodge Challenger Concept - and more, this week

DETROIT, Aug. 18 -- Call it the million-man cruise. It might seem like everyone in Detroit turns out for the annual Woodward Dream Cruise -- and that's not far from the truth. At least a million people -- and perhaps 60,000 muscle cars, hot rods and classics -- will be lining Woodward Avenue over the weekend for the annual cruise-in. Festivities have already begun, and you can check out the preview on TheCarConnection.com, HERE. Then keep coming back for the site's continuing coverage of the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Also make sure to check out TheCarConnection's report on the revival of the Chevrolet Camaro, along with an exclusive drive of the show-stopping Challenger concept car. Get the inside story on Chrysler's plans to bring it to production in 2008.

This week's reviews include the 2007 GMC Yukon Denali, the '07 Ford Expedition, and Volkswagen's multi-function, hardtop convertible EOS.

Psst. Don't miss spy shots of the upcoming Mercedes-Benz S-Class convertible, and Benz's CL63 AMG along with the next-generation Kia Sorrento.

Why does Detroit want to shoot the messenger? Get the answer from TheCarConnection's curmudgeon-at-large, columnist Jerry Flint.

Let TheCarConnection's OnSite Mechanic address all your repair problems.

And don't forget to enter the Third Speeders' Excuses Contest. Let us know the best line that ever got you out of a ticket. There are some great prizes for the best excuses.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

So does anybody have any plans to go to Woodward Dream Cruise 2007 on August 17, 2007.

If so, please bring back any pictures you may take and post them.

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/
Old 05-20-2007, 08:13 AM

Yea im definately going. I'll post up all my pictures and videos... I cant wait.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

In last week's SRT Chat session, the SRT engineers told us to watch this year's Woodward Cruise for big Challenger news. We are speculating that means a 392 Hemi in the 2008 SRT Challenger model.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Administrator

im planning on having the demon ready for woodward...

Quick Reply: Woodward Dream Cruise 2006