Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Woot She is Here!

Old 01-02-2009, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woot She is Here!

I just got back from picking up Scarlet! I know, I know I was going to call her Big Red, but she is too beautiful to make fun of her size. I'm completely floored! What an amazing car! I've never owned anything with this much power. It took me a while to get used to the clutch and the short-throw shifter, but I'm getting the hang of it. I still have problems finding 6th at times.

I get mixed looks from the Germans. Some of them frown at me. (Most of them are big into the environment and fuel economy.) But most just can't get enough of it. One guy just about gave himself whiplash when I passed him on the road. When I picked her up, she was thirsty so I took her to the filling station on post. When I pull up, this guy runs over and asks me if it is an old or new Mustang! I laughed, but politely told him this is no Mustang, its a Challenger! He was dumbfounded. He didn't even know they were making new Challengers.

The car was dirty as hell when I picked it up. It has been snowing further up north so it was covered in salt and grime from the trip home. I used a no-touch carwash to get the majority of the crud off. I'll be going over it with a fine tooth comb in the morning. When I do I'll take plenty pictures and post them. It's only 18:00 but its already pitch dark outside. Sun sets here around 17:00 in the winter.

One thing of note, I had a check engine light come on when I first started it, But it went away after I drove a bit and filled her with premium. It only had 12 miles on it, so it was probably from all the short "stop and go" driving it has been doing in the hands of the carriers. I am also smelling the brakes burning. I'm guessing they are just shedding some covering from the factory. The engine probably hasn't had a chance to heat up to operating temperature before today, so that may be causing some of the smell too.

All in all, I am as happy as can be. I can't wait until tommorrow to take Scarlet for a real trip.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:44 AM

Default RE: Woot She is Here!

Congrats! The smells are normal & they'll disappear soon enough. Regarding the check engine light, maybe your gas cap wasn't on tight before you filled it up?
Old 01-02-2009, 08:50 AM

Congrats mate! Now get her out on the Autobahn!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:08 AM

Congrats....now you can show them what American muscle is all about....happy Porsche hunting...
Old 01-02-2009, 09:17 AM

Glad to hear you took delivery of your car!

Scarlet is a good name. Big Red is already taken. It belongs to a very serious 1969 Chevy Camaro.
http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...aro/index.html
Old 01-02-2009, 09:34 AM

Congrats, Skids! I know you'll love your car!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:55 AM

Excellent! I remember when I was stationed over there in 87-89 I had my 85 Monte Carlo SS over there and I remember that getting a few looks too from the locals, probably because it had the "SS" decals on it.

I remember Wiesbaden very well too, I had a friend stationed at Lindsey AS and would go there frequently for visits. Hard to believe that was 20 freakin years ago... my god I'm getting old. [sm=smiley19.gif]
Old 01-02-2009, 02:13 PM

Congrates and enjoy lets us know how she drives
Old 01-02-2009, 06:32 PM

Hey Skids CONGRATS on getting that red beauty.....now go out and hunt the AutoBahn and please let us see some pics when you can.....and thanks so much for SERVING AMERICA!!!! Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
Old 01-02-2009, 08:02 PM

Skids, hot dang man! Your wait is finally over and while you may have read it before, but you'll know very soon how much it was SO WORTH THE WAIT. Pics to come soon I hope. And for us back here Stateside, we either don't speed or we do, but man, you get to take your Scarlet out and let her ride free with no worries on the Autobahn. Let us know what that feels like Bro. Enjoy THE GRIN in THE CAR!! Congrats Bro!!

Semper Fi!

Quick Reply: Woot She is Here!