Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

09 Challenger

Old 05-07-2008, 05:29 AM
Tom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Challenger

I understand that Dodge is not happy with dealer gouging. The factory sells to dealer for a set price, making no extra money on sales price. The only way they can sell more cars is to produce more, driving the price down to MSRP. How many 09 Challengers did they originaly plan to manufacture, and have they increased it?

Tom
Old 05-07-2008, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 09 Challenger

Last number was 30 to 40K Units right?

Old 05-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Tom

Skip,

I thought it was 18K origionally. If it is now up 30-40K good news for 09 buyers. Dodge said that they designed the Challenger to go for just under $40K (I think) They didn't want to compete with Shelby GT and Vet. Please advise if you get firm numbers.

Tom
Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

This was a while back, but I guess you've warranted a search from me....

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/m...s/tm.htm#23354

http://www.mercurynews.com/weekenddrive/ci_8140633

30K is what they were saying way back in Feb. So I'd imagine that number representing the low side hasn't fluctuated too much.

I threw the 40 in there, because as discussed the first time 'round, we tend to think those are conservative numbers from the fine folks at Chrysler.

We postulated (or at least I) that these numbers are part of expectation management. If you say we're going to sell 50K and you sell 40K that won't look good because you're too optimistic. If you hedge your bets and say 20K then it looks like you don't have confident in the product OR you don't know what the demand is going to be/what will impact sales (gas prices) etc.

30K gives you a nice middle ground to say when you hit 40K units, WOW...we knew it was going to be hot..but had no idea or conversely when you sell 25K, we were a bit optimistic as we couldn't determine gas prices, lagging economy...blah blah blah....they chose a safe number.