Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Another New Guy....

Old 09-13-2007, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another New Guy....

Hello all. I'm new to the forum, and mopars in general. I've been a Mustang owner for years, but when I saw the new Challenger concept, I knew that I had to have one. I hope all you Mopar guys and gals will let a newbie like me into the Challenger family when the time comes. Until then, I look forward to learning all about the heritage of the Challenger and Dodge power.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Another New Guy....

Hello and welcome to the forums. I think the Challenger is a good choice for a fireman and for all firemen and people who need to be somewhere quick. Just hop in your new Challenger and presto, you will get there fast and with authority. Maybe a Challenger in firengine red, now that screams authority. And in your leisure time, you will look good just driving from point A to point B. Take care and be careful. Thanks for your service to the community and for putting in on the line, time and time again.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:58 PM

heh. That's a good point. I didn't think of it that way. Maybe the county i work for will help me pay for it so I can drive it to calls......
Old 09-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard and ride the Challenger passion with the rest of us.

Thanks for being the fireman to your community. Be safe in doing it.

You had asked about SRT vs RT. You may find it here: https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=14032
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:26 AM

Thanks man. i knew i should have done a search first.........
Old 09-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site, Challenged Fireman, and thank you for your service in being a fireman. Sorry it took me a while to give you a more formal welcome, I've been busy lately.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-25-2007, 05:16 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I've always said better late than never....as a matter of fact that's my whole philosophy(sp?) of when I'm gonna get the new Challenger.....lol
Old 09-25-2007, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

LOL! True, very true. I'm waiting until around two years before I get one, first of all to avoid first year errors, secondly to avoid the initial price hike, and thirdly for insurance reasons.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-25-2007, 05:56 PM

My point exactly. I'm looking at fall of 09 for the same reasons above and others. I plan to have my Mustang paid off by then. What I can't decide is whether to keep the Stang as a daily driver, or trade it in on the Challenger......
Old 09-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmm...You will have to ask yourself questions like this: Do you have a family or is there any chance you will have a family before long? If so, do you have a car that will fulfill the purpose of a family car? Can I afford having both?

Factors like this should be consider when trying to make a decision. If you might have a family show up before long, you might want to consider trading in the Mustang on the Challenger so then you can have the means to buy a family car as well as the insurance expense.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Another New Guy....