Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Considering RT

Old 02-06-2009, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering RT

Hi, I just joined this forum as I am looking into getting a Challenger RT. Here is my dilema: I have never owned a car, only trucks. I currently have an 05 Toyota Tacoma with a 3 inch lift and Toyo M/T. I absolutely love my truck, but since I first saw the challenger I keep going back to it. I live in Illinois, so I do not know if I want to give up my 4wd. What advice would you guys give. Keep the truck or buy a new CHALLENGER? Thanks - Rich
Old 02-06-2009, 05:37 PM

Default RE: Considering RT

No Brainer for me: CHALLENGER! You can get a Tacoma anytime.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:50 PM

Get the Challenger,that,s a no brainer. I f I had a dime for every warped cylinder head that I came across on those rice burning tin cans,I could buy a SRT,and a Viper,and still have change left over.[:'(]
Old 02-06-2009, 06:23 PM

I traded my new 07 Ram Quad Cab 4x4 in on my Challenger R/T 6 speed . Love my car . And it does go well in snow and ice . The Challenger R/T is a keeper . Prices of trucks will come down .
Old 02-06-2009, 07:13 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I looked into the SRT8, but I really don't want to spend that much money. The R/T seems like a good fit. How much room is there in the back seat? I haven't even driven one yet! Hopefully I can get a good deal once I decide to pull the trigger and trade my truck in (hoping for $15,000+ for my truck).
Old 02-07-2009, 04:51 AM

Back in '97 it was just the opposite for me. I had always had cars. The 2nd Gen Dodge RAM snatched me right of my '91 Mustang 5.0 Hatch. I remember driving it home thinking I had made a terrible mistake. Once I started mod'ing the truck to my specific tastes things were fine. Never looked back. Paid the truck off and then bought a car...'67 Mustang Fastback. Trust me. Having an R/T as a daily driver vs. having a Toyota truck.... GET THE HEMI!!!!
Old 02-07-2009, 07:05 AM

I am really wanting one. The only thing holding me back is their handling in the snow. Living in central IL we get a little bit. I do not want to buy a 2n vehicle for winter use. I went to dodge.com and requested a quote from a local dealer on what i picked out for the r/t....pretty much every option! If they don't give me what I want for my truck I willw alk. I want this car, but I don't need it. Hopefully they are willing to sell a vehicle.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:01 AM

Well I went to a few dealership today. No one had what I wanted in stock, but I did get to drive a R/T automatic. They priced one out for me also. The r/t 27J PACKAGE. 6 speed, sunroof, leather. What else do you guys put on yours? The price was $31,700 with the employee pricing. Sounded pretty good to me. Not sure what I am going to do yet, they have to find one first.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:47 PM

Hi Breck. I was in the same dilemma driving a lifted 2001 tacoma trd pre-runner and wanted to get the challenger as well. I ended up keeping the truck and getting the car too. If you need to sell your truck to get money in order to get a challenger im not sure how they handle in the snow. I live in southern california so its never an issue. I would imagine it would handle great since it has a heavy back-end. The rear seating can be annoying to get into, but It is among the roomiest compared to other mid sized coupes listed at about 38 inches of headroom. Im 6'2 and my head wont touch the roof in the back seat ( just to give an idea). As for your price it seems ok, I got mine for 34000 but that was back in december 08 when it was hard to get below sticker. OH, and consider the 6 speed tranny. its a dream.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:50 PM

One more thing, u said you test drove the automatic, i think they are only 5 speed if im not mistaken. the 6-speeds are manual just to clarify. Lemme know if im wrong.

Quick Reply: Considering RT