Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

diggin' the Challenger

Old 11-27-2006, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diggin' the Challenger

Well let's get this out of the way first - I'm a die hard GM guy, always have been. With that said, when the challenger concept first came out & i saw it, i was hooked. I said Chrysler BETTER build this, it is dead on! If they can make the Prowler, Cossfire & Viper, this should be a no brainer given the popularity of the 300/Magnum/Charger. But i'll admit, i also wanted to see what the new Camaro would look like. To me, the Challenger just looks better, the Camaro ain't bad but to me it looks like too many model years lumped into one body - even though they say it's styled like a '69. I had only seen the new Challenger in pictures & online and already knew i wanted one but once i saw it in person at the Phoenix auto show last week, i'll be looking for one once they come out.

Past Challenger experiance: back in '83, a buddy of mine saw a '70 Challenger R/T listed in a newspaper about 60 miles from us. Called the guy & got all the info - 440-6pack, 4-speed w/pistol grip, plumb crazy w/black vinyl top & interior, all orig. Went to see it just for the hell of it as we thought it would be trashed or something, found out all it needed was front drivers seat cover & carb linkage adjusted (started & ran good untill you really got into it). Buddy couldn't drive stick but struck a deal for the car for $3,500 (remember - 1983) and i told him i'd teach him how to drive it (i had an original Firebird Formula 455 4-speed at the time). We took his moms car to pick it up the next day & i drove it back the 60 miles, about 4 miles from the guys place we pulled over to get gas and a guy at the station heard us pull in & said that he knows the car & how to adjust the carbs so after 1/2 hour of work & BS with the guy (& $25 for the guys help), we left and let me tell you, that was some ride home, i was leaving rubber every chance i got and dusting my buddy for miles. It was a blast. Of course he sold it a few years later to buy an IROC-Z.

Well that's my story, glad i found you guys and look forward to the car coming out to get mine in either Hemi orange or white
Old 11-28-2006, 01:04 AM

Default RE: diggin' the Challenger

Hey Anthem (gee, do you live in ANTHEM?) Welcome, dude. Do you ever go see the cars at the Scottsdale pavilions on Saturday nights?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 AM

Yea, i live up there. Been to pavillions many times, nice gathering of cars, i get there when i can.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:58 AM

There is a lot of cool s*it up there, lots of rich old scottsdale men with their toys. Bill Wienmann usually shows up with a few of his hemi cuda convertibles...
Old 11-29-2006, 12:23 AM

I think i saw one of his cars a couple of months ago, a purple 'Cuda or Challenger (can't remember which). He'll probably be the first in the valley to get a new Challenger.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:21 AM

Did you see his '71 challenger in this months Mopar Action!? A 5,000 Mile Mr. Norm's Hemi!! Its freakin' Baaaaaaadddddd!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:29 PM

No, didn't catch it. That's an awesome find, wonder what he shelled out for that?
Old 12-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site, anthem SS. I agree that the new Camaro doesn't look like a 69 but a combo of different GM and non-GM product designs. I still haven't seen one in person but I have already fallen in love with it without seeing it in person, and that is rare occurance for me.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts