Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Go easy on me...

Old 02-10-2008, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go easy on me...

Just found your site...and am super interested in the Challenger SRT8. But I'm gonna wait for the manual one. I heard that after the initial run, there will be a stick version. Any idea how long? The waiting is gonna kill me but it's probably the smart thing to do since I'm a stick guy.

Anyways, hopefully, I'll have one soon.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Go easy on me...

Welcome aboard.

Ordering for a manual is in the Summer with arrivals in the Fall.

Enjoy our website.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:20 PM

Welcome to The CF!
Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 PM

Welcome from the Great White North

Enjoy
Old 02-10-2008, 03:27 PM

Thanks guys...this car has captivated me. I'm so gonna get one. But I'll need a beater for DD duties. Something cheap for like under 3k. Maybe a Corolla or Civic. I dunno...something amazing on gas while I save this puppy for the car meets and weekends.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:11 PM

Welcome, the more the better..
Old 02-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Burnt Guage, get an early 2000's Hyundai elantra w/ 100k+ that ought to get ya where ya need to be! Mine has 60K runs like a top. I bet you could find one for the money you're talking, if you're scanning aggressively. 34mpgs's not amazing, but it ain't bad!

Old 02-10-2008, 06:40 PM

Yeah I'm not sold on Hyundai's though...maybe a Toyota Tercel/Corolla, Honda Civic...just something reliable and great gas mileage.

I'll save all that money in gas b/c I'll need it for this car!!! WOOT
Old 02-11-2008, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

OK. They're not the Hyundais of the 80's and 90's. Consumers Reports gives them high marks for the past 5 years, this is my first one (after tons of research, it was the best value for the money low tco, good ride, etc), and I've been pleased as punch with it. Of course, it's all academic until it gets past the 200K mark, like my previous 2 cars (Camry/Legacy), but as for now, it's been running w/o issue, just gas and oil, nice ride, good accleration. I like the Elantra.

In fact, the reason I bought this to replace my last car (which I killed prematurely, I know I would have gotten 300k on it otherwise) was to save cash for Chally, it came w/ tons standard, of course now that they're being adopted more widely by the American consumer, they're starting to jack the price and not give you as much. S. Korean manufacturing and design is on par w/ Japanese these days (LG/Samsung). But if you have a stigma about Hyundai, can't blame ya, back in the day they were rather "Chevy Chevette" like.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Administrator

a friend of mine has a hyundai, and having dealt with them as a mechanic for a few years, along with constantly dealing with my buddy's car, i would never consider one. (he has a 2003 tiburon)

Quick Reply: Go easy on me...