Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Go easy on me...

Old 02-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Go easy on me...

I know they were utter crap in 80's/90's, but again, Consumer's was giving them high rankings recently (otherwise I would have stayed out of the waters as well).

Also, I will say this, they are bit of a pain in the @$$ for maintaining, biggest gripes are thusly:

1. Oil filter hard to get to behind some plastic shroud that maybe is more forgiving to a more slender Asian hand than say a stout chunky German/Irish/Anglo hand to get @
2. The driver side head light is down right stupidly placed and you have to take the battery out to replace it (which is shroud in plastic as well).

Other than those annoyances, she's been good. Tiburon eh?....I like the new design (not a big fan of the old style w/ all the bulbous lines, looked too japanime for my taste), sadly, they have thing underpowered like no one's business. 172hp? That's all they muster....

Old 02-11-2008, 04:33 PM

Welcome Burnt Gauge. You'll see these forum members and hosts offer the greatest info around. You surely won't be disappointed and enjoy the fun too.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:59 AM

Thats cool bro but what gets me is the fact that cars like the GTO with an LS2 run 4.6's with auto's and with a standard run 4.8?? That's from road and track magazine too.
Sticks are fun to drive but they do get old after a while. If it's not your daily driver yeah stick all the way. But mine will be a daily driver and im not so gung ho on a stick everyday. Plus like i said earlier we don't know the times for this car yet. Or milege predictions. Peace...
Old 02-29-2008, 04:47 PM

Mileage has been relesed as 13/18 city/highway...
Old 02-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site, BurtGauge! Don't worry we'll cut out the eating raw eggs part of the hazing but other parts I can't make any promises about. You may have to read all of the most boring posts on the history of the site (i.e. my posts about what the Big Three need to do to get back on track[sm=pcwhack.gif])![sm=sleeping.gif] Just kidding, we're a friendly bunch over here.

I'm sorry but I can't resist the hijacked issue at hand. CR pays more attention to the interior and fit and finish than they do to the actual mechanical issues with cars. Their interior has improved, but their mechancial issues are still a problem. A friend had a 2003 KIA Rio and they had three transmission problems within 33K miles as well as some electronic issues.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-02-2008, 02:35 AM

sadly with the price of gas rising the smaller car market will expand
Old 04-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator