Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello!

Old 08-24-2007, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello!

Hello everyone. Names Dave and im 22 years old. (is it bad that im already starting to feel my age... ) I love muscle cars through and through. The things that turned me on to muscle cars the most would obviously be their look. any car that looks like cocked back fist ready to let loose and knock a tooth out...im sold. also the smells when i had my old 1970 cutlass SE (first ever car) i loved the smell of its engine, it interior and the best is driving behind someone elses...come on you know what im talking about. Also i love sitting at a stop light watching my gas tick go down. i figure i had better learn to love that if im going to be interested in these cars.

I am currently a Security Officer testing to be a police officer. I was a valet for many years in a very....affluent...area. So if you have any questions about high end foregin cars (ferraris, mazzos, lambos, etc) i can help. And while i am not so good with specs i can answer questions like...Yes, the F-430 does go fast and Yes, I did almost soil my drawers in the new 911 turbo after 90 mph. or if your into lists. i can give you an alphabatized list of the cars ive almost killed myself in (starting with that new 911 turbo and a turn at 30 mph...it really doesn't fish tail...huh live and learn). Even though the job kinda sucked (boss wise...not car wise) it was a valuable learning experience on self control and being a DEFENSIVE driver. Learning how to counter steer, brake, accelarate, NOT steer, NOT brake and most importantly NOT accelerate in various makes and models of vehicles. Especially the ones that sound like a rocket when you press their ignition button.

I love driving and learning new things about it. i loved learning about stickshift, paddle shift, slapshift because it adds a new facet to driving. I loved taking my car out at 2 am after a heavy snow into a parking lot or empty side street with a foot or more of snow or ice and practicing regaining control or braking or downshifting or any of the cool things that make you a more intelligent and fluid driver. and also after about 2 hours of the you know...learning stuff...doing some AWESOME donuts.

The thing i like most about this challenger is the new school, old school. Cutting edge while still being true to its roots.

I look forward to posting with you guys.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hello!

Welcome to the forum and pull a seat right up. We are in anticipation and the news we get keeps us waiting. News is slow but the car is awsome and did I mention fast, very fast. If you have a question, just follow the forum title to the answer. We have covered almost any and all questions. Do you plan on getting a new Challenger? Enjoy and take it easy.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Welccome aboard. I enjoyed reading your post.

Ride that Challenger passion with the rest of us.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:10 AM

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah i PLAN on it but we'll see how things go. Its just so dang good looking!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Well nice to see another person my age and one who has had an interesting job and what sounds like a fun one. Welcome to the site, WhichOnesTheGas. So what is it like driving a Viper (I'm guessing that if you have driven those Ferraris and Porsches you have probably driven a few Vipers)? What is your impression of Mercedes SL-Class cars?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-15-2008, 12:17 PM

Geez...been awhile since i last posted and i apologize for that!

Well, the clouds sorta cleared where i live and the sun poked through and through a very thick piece of insulated glass window it acutally looks like a nice day out! Which leads me to day dream at work and low and behold i find myself on this forum again. [:@]
It also doesnt help ive spent the last 2 hours youtubing Challenger burnouts, then going 6 to midnight when i spied the Hennessy!!! man oh man!

I just read the newest (over a year old) responses to my last post and i felt bad i did not answer them. so here goes... im hoping you guys dont mind the "better late then never" attitude...

RLSH700-

Yeah that job was fun! I was able to get behind the wheel of 99 percent of the cars you have seen on the cover of road and track and motor trend. (still cant believe it!).

I did have the pleasure (and some what disappointment) of driving a Dodge Viper SRT10. The guy drove up, parked, i caught a good look at it and started with our usual question. "would you like that car up front sir?". he said no then gave me an extra 20 bucks to have the engine warm for him when he returned. (it was 96 degrees out or close to...) i just assumed he was being cool and didnt mind if i took it for a test lap or two...or three...

3 great laps later i parked it and was happy with the drive but i just felt like something was missing to be honest. I couldnt and still cant put my finger on it, but something was lacking. I don't know if i had just built up the name "Viper" in my head since i was younger and expected it to just blow me away but i just felt like it was too average. (this is of course by fast car comparison, the thing flew!) Obviously, if someone handed me the keys to one and said its all yours i would take it and rub it with a diaper every night (which i couldnt say about range rovers, hummers and a number of other cars) but i think i just built it up in my head to much. It still drove like a maniac...

Sl series of Benzos. I have driven every SL on the market and just about everyone common benz as well. To be honest i really hate benzos. I was rather neutral going into the job about mercedes just "knowing" they were high quality cars, and most of my friends LOVE them. But i just had too many bad experiences with them. the s500 and 600s around the place i worked were the "S197 Mustangs" of the car community. A dime a dozen. they were literally everywhere. and sure enough every winter, in atleast 90% of the merecedes i sat in, fired up and drove the OBD would read malfunctions, usually 2 or more. Granted alot of the times one or two had to do with something along the lines of windshield washer fluid low, etc. but a number of them read fairly serious errors. Now, you spend 100K on a car you wouldnt expect it to pop obd lights like a christmas tree just because the temp dipped below 0. But working that job for as long as i did, i became very biased against them and really began to dislike them. Save for 2 cars.

We had one regular who used a SL65 as his winter car[&:] he had 2 ferraris for the summer. That car was absolutely disgusting. I press START and it sounds like it is ready to enter orbit. That car gave a very intresting blend of comfort and performace. It definetly wasnt ALL ABOUT comfort but it was pretty nice ( im 6'2, 280) i fit comfortably and someone told me that the seat adjusts its tilt when you turn so you stay more upright. i dont know if this is true but it sure felt like it. the handling was pretty tight and it felt like the car had a muscular stance with a tightly coiled, ready to fire backside (i know thats kinda werid but try to imagine what im saying). it felt pretty good. i lay on the gas and away i went. three blocks and 6 seconds later i put an "exception" tag on to my thoughts of the benzo. that car just felt good. it gave that feeling like, all is well with the world when im in this drivers seat, that only a few cars have ever given me.

and the second exception was the handful of times i sat in the SLR McLaren Roadster. I never got the chance to let this baby go because the guy was smart enough to park it himself most times and have it upfront. He use to drop 100s on the way in and out but he was totally bogus. His car had dealer plates on it and he was kind of a jag off. he used to pull some of the hottest girls youve ever seen though. I know it sounds kinda crazy but i didnt even know how "special" that car was the first two times i re parked it. obviously the engine sounded unbeliveable and it was crazy uncomfortable for me, but i just thought it was some benz like the SL's and didnt think much of it. till the second time the guy came in a fellow valet working a resturant across the train tracks jogged over to drop off his envelope and nearly carpped his pants. he started screaming and jumping hysterically grabbing my collar. he then explained in very exaggerated detail how that car is worth like 1.5 million or something (i was told by someone else its actually somewhere in the ball park of like 400-600k) and it has 700 hp and theres only 2 in the united states etc etc. i was like ...>shrug< "oh cool. he gave me a hunndo on the way in and said he'll hit me more on the way out so...sweet" then came the can i move it , can i move it, can i move it questions (by the way if you have a nice car, a valet's explanation for simply wanting to get in your car and drive it, usually pretty aggressively, was he had to "move" it for one reason or another. a vauge comment about the cops saying so usually works) i said no. the guy came out later that night tossed me another 100 and was on his way. The next time he came (which was something like a week or two later) he passed our loading zone and didnt care so he just parked it in the lane of traffic and got out gave me another 100 which led me keeping my mouth shut about his park job, jump in it take it to the next driveway and pull a u turn. I was in pretty tight traffic the whole time but i kinda stalled moving up in line as we got to the stop sign and had about a 3 car length gap ahead of me and tapped the gas pedal alittle stiffly...needless to say it has very good brakes and i nearly chipped my tooth when my teeth clicked from acceleration.

in my honest opinion, and this goes for the maybachs as well. Save your money and invest in a house.

again sorry for tardiness of post, if you have any other questions about cars (about my opinion of them i should say) let me know! mazzi's, astons, lambos, ferraris, vettes, maybachs, any common ones like lexus, benz, beamer, infins etc. it was a really fun job.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:00 PM

Welcome to the forum....just remember when you finally become a police officer...try and cut some of these Challenger drivers some slack.....they need it! (Just kidding) Glad you are back on the radar try not to drop off the scope and keep in touch with the forum..