Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi Y'all

Old 04-03-2007, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Y'all

Just came across this site and thought I'd say Hi. I first saw the new Challenger at the Denver Int'l Autoshow last year and fell in love. Since then, I bought my wife a 2007 Shelby GT500 (expect delivery end of April), and I'm trying to convince her I need a Challenger. We'll see if I succeed in that argument.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Hi Y'all

Welcome aboard.

One thing you can tell her is the Challenger and full rear seats an adult can sit in.

Ride that Challenger passion.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site, rpretzel! You could also use the safety factor, after all the LX cars which the Challenger's platform is modified from get very good crash ratings.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-04-2007, 05:29 PM

Welcome to the site.. Good group of guys and gals here!!

They dont have to crash the Challenger just say they did and give it to me and they will never see me again..
Old 05-25-2007, 08:09 PM

I think that she should let you buy a new Hemi SRT Challenger when they are available. Even if the SRT has a lower horsepower rating than the Shelby version of the Stang, I have a feeling that with the DC traction control you will blow the Ford's doors off the line, which will give you a definite headstart to 120 mph. Then it's a question of whether the Stang has enough balls to catch you before the race is over. Ya know-hooking up definitely helps in a race!

From what I hear from a guy at work whose brother just bought one of these new "flying jackasses" they have plenty of power and torque, but not a lot of traction control when you nail them from a dead stop. He drove the Stang. Sounds like wasted tire smoke to me.

Save your pennies (and fives and twenties too) for a new Chally!