Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

My mid-life crises dream...

Old 04-07-2006, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My mid-life crises dream...

I cannot remember the last time a car within my price range excited me. In fact, every vehicle I have owned qualifies as simple A to B transportation. My F150 truck is OK for that and utilitarian but please...boring. I am going to keep it around for those trips to the dump and picking up that furniture my wife buys (plus it's paid for so what the heck).

I just love the clean strong look of this machine...it is hot. I am 37 years old so not really old enough to appreciate when the Challengers of the early 70's were fresh. I drove the Charger and for a sedan it's OK (got some power) but I just cannot get past the 4-door. (I am sure die-hard charger fans & all owners of the Dukes of Hazard DVD box sets sicked up when they saw it). When I heard the Challenger was on its way back I feared they might do something similar. I am extremely impressed with the design.

I've got about $5k socked away so far for my down payment. Hurry Dodge...hurry!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Default RE: My mid-life crises dream...

welcome aboard, and excellent post...
Old 04-07-2006, 09:12 AM

Welcome and yes, excellent awsure! We are in the same boat although I was lucky enough to own an original. But since letting it go I've had the same point A-B feeling although I have tried to get the most fun possible out of the vehicles I've owned since. All in all though it's never been the same feeling or connection with any of them and I find myself waiting to recapture that connection with the new Challenger. The way I see it is that it can only be better the second time around with all the advances made with modern automobiles. The old Challenger was an extremely fun car and both my wife and I have alot of fond memories of that car even though I've told her that the Challenger was my first love! The new one definately captures the spirit of the original and I can hardly wait to get back behind the wheel of one!
Old 04-07-2006, 10:06 AM

Welcome to the forum. I can relate to the lack of excitement for any current cars in production... having been a kid in the musclecar era, though, and my Dad being a service manager at a Dodge dealership, I caught the fever early and never did manage to shake it. Have had at least one Mopar musclecar in my garage for each of the last 25 years; the last new vehicle I bought was my truck. Not much that anybody put out excited me; was mildly interested in the Mustang, but the Mopar in me (and the spirit of my Dad scowling at me) cured me of that. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Challenger as you are!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:15 PM

Welcome to site!
Old 04-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Keep the Challenger passion alive and welcome aboard.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:59 PM

welcome to the gang
Old 04-09-2006, 10:36 PM

I've owned a lot of mopars, 4 years ago I bought the one I've allways wanted '71 challenger, building it the way I want it 440-6pk R/T clone, can't afford an original numbers matching. I told my wife in 2011, I was going to buy the new challenger, Hopfully an orange R/T. This will be a 99.9% chance I will be divorced, Oh well!! Like in Vanishing Point ('97-?) My Wife Yes, My Dog Maybe, MY DODGE NEVER ! ! ! !
Old 04-10-2006, 01:52 PM

Welcome and enjoy!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:33 PM

Glad you're here. Enjoy..

Quick Reply: My mid-life crises dream...