Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member, and planning on buying!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, and planning on buying!

Hi guys, just wanted to say howdy. Im from the DC Metro area (Northern VA, to be exact). Just wanted to chime in and say hello. Im actually planning on purchasing the SRT this summer. I just got married as well, so it looks like im already facing my first marriage COMPROMISE: settling for an automatic... so the WIFEY can drive the car too! Jeez. Oh well, i can live with that. I was really hoping to wait til '09 and experience the pistol grip 6spd manual. It's all good though. I'll be happy just having the new Challenger, at the end of the day!

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and look forward to chattin' with u all on the forum. And i will update u all when i DO actually purchase the car within the coming months. Pearl Black is my choice!

Any updates on aftermarket parts yet??

-- tj
Old 05-23-2008, 03:26 AM

Default RE: New member, and planning on buying!

Welcome to The CF!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:28 AM

Welcome! I don't think there are to many details on after market parts yet, but you could allpar.com for more info.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:39 AM

Ok cool. Thanks! I'll check out that site.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:30 PM

First things first... Welcome and have fun.

Secondly, how much do you know about the Challenger at this point? There is a huge wealth of info here as well as some very knowlegable and highly speculative members.

Thirdly, have you actually ordered one yet... and if so, whatso?

Cheers!
Old 05-24-2008, 05:37 AM

Welcome and congrats on marriage!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:29 PM

Oh... yeah... sorry... guess I missed that... CONGRATS ON YOUR MARIAGE PLANS!! GOOD LUCK, AND ALL THE BEST TO YOU AND YOUR BRIDE!!
Old 05-24-2008, 08:15 PM

Thank u all on the warm wishes! Ok, so "what do i know bout the challenger?" ... well lets see... not much at all (to be honest)... but all i know is, when my parents settled here from india back in the 70s, my dad was a big muscle car guy. and i always knew that i would get one down the line, my self. as soon as i said "challenger", my dad's eyes lit up! sooo, long story short, american muscle is revered in my family and i can't picture myself in anything less than that. when the charger came out, i was all excited...but when i saw 4 doors on that thing, disappointment took over. so i guess the challenger is my redemption on my american muscle passion.

As far as ordering goes, i havent "ordered" one yet. But i've just looked on autotrader.com, and i see a good 9-10 available within 300 miles of where i live... i reside in Northern Va (dc metro area)... so drivin' 2-300 miles for a good deal is worth it for me. im lookin' for the Pearl Black model SRT8.

First marriage compromise is that i gotta settle for an automatic tranny. I don't prefer it, but i aint gonna start World War III bout it either!

So ya, the Black Challenger is in my near future. Im thinking end of July/August. Just need to save a few bucks for the down payment. And we'll be good to go.

-- tj
Old 05-26-2008, 05:33 PM

welcome to the site. new here too. my dad is planing on getting one an i hope to get a r/t maybe a srt if i am lucky
Old 05-28-2008, 10:24 AM

Yup, ima start shopping around in a month or so. And i REFUSE to go in to a dealership right now. Cuz i know myself, and i have no self control... if i walk into the dealership now, im driving out w/ a challenger! So, im trying real hard to restrain myself for just another month or so, until im ready... and THEN i will go shopping!

Quick Reply: New member, and planning on buying!