Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie challenger fan!

Old 03-02-2008, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie challenger fan!

Thanks for that RLSH700! Im the only Scottish member? Thats a pretty good feeling hah! Ill try and participate as much as i can!
Although i dont have ginger hair or wear a kilt i do have a scottish and west highland terrier so i guess im kind of a stereotype lol.

I remember it used to be the case that you would very rarely see an american car on the road over here. Especially in Scotland of all places. I remember going to New York on business and being extremely excited about being in a Crown Victoria...ok it was a yellow cab but still! In the last 3 or 4 years i think the UK's obsession with american culture and style has resulted in a steady growth of american car ownership over here. You do tend to see a few of the modern cars like the mustang, escalade, ram truck and even the odd viper if your lucky. Although the fuel is heavily taxed over here i think the love we have for the cars just isnt going to be over-ruled by greedy politicians .

Where i live there is a man called Billy Alexander a few minutes down the road who is the local US car importer and expert. My dad takes his treasured 59 eldorado biarritz to him for work and he always has lots of gorgeous new and classic american cars in the workshop. I love to go along and look at them and talk engines and automotive history

Muscle cars and in particular Mopars have always been my passion though. I get my copy of classic american car magazine every month and i always enjoy reading about the good old days! Im really happy that the big us companies are trying to bring them back for us to enjoy all over again [8D]
Old 03-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

That is really having someone from Scotland.

One of these days I will have to go to the U.K. to visit the supposedly many cousins I have there.

koopa, welcome aboard.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: koopa

Thanks for that RLSH700! Im the only Scottish member? Thats a pretty good feeling hah! Ill try and participate as much as i can!
Although i dont have ginger hair or wear a kilt i do have a scottish and west highland terrier so i guess im kind of a stereotype lol.

I remember it used to be the case that you would very rarely see an american car on the road over here. Especially in Scotland of all places. I remember going to New York on business and being extremely excited about being in a Crown Victoria...ok it was a yellow cab but still! In the last 3 or 4 years i think the UK's obsession with american culture and style has resulted in a steady growth of american car ownership over here. You do tend to see a few of the modern cars like the mustang, escalade, ram truck and even the odd viper if your lucky. Although the fuel is heavily taxed over here i think the love we have for the cars just isnt going to be over-ruled by greedy politicians .

Where i live there is a man called Billy Alexander a few minutes down the road who is the local US car importer and expert. My dad takes his treasured 59 eldorado biarritz to him for work and he always has lots of gorgeous new and classic american cars in the workshop. I love to go along and look at them and talk engines and automotive history

Muscle cars and in particular Mopars have always been my passion though. I get my copy of classic american car magazine every month and i always enjoy reading about the good old days! Im really happy that the big us companies are trying to bring them back for us to enjoy all over again [8D]
Well, that's okay I don't really fit any U.S. stereotypes that I know of. I don't have cowboy boots, cowboy hat, or a gun...yet... I might fit a Midwesterners stereotype though, I like fried foods as well as Pizza. I like music from the 50-80s as well as some country music. I enjoy soft drinks thoroughly. I go to trivia nights a couple times a month. I'm generally the last person to get something new and innovative. I'm pretty hard core about buying American cars and stubborn to change. I sometimes have a slight farmer's accent and generally have a farmers tan (if not that a big fat sun burn when I didn't have enough sunscreen applied[:'(]). My hometown is in a rural area. I wear T-shirts, tennis shoes, and jeans for my casual clothes, and most defining characteristic about the midwest I'm balding, etc.

You were excited about riding in a Crown Victoria? That is very interesting. Many of us dread them because when they aren't yellow, they generally look like the picture shown below. I've driven a Grand Marquis which is the Mercury version a few times as some of my family members have them. I guess you don't appreciate what you have unless you are without it. Do you ever find Cummins powered Ram's in the U.K.? I hear you about the greedy politicians, my state has plenty of them. I have the same attitude, I don't care how expensive gas gets, I'm going to have a good gas guzzler. If I'm going to drive, I might as well enjoy the experience.

I'm glad you guys have the chance to enjoy them with us. I hope you get to enjoy the Challenger as soon as possible.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/9742101D8164496F8F365DE65B1BC7F6.jpg[/IMG]

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts