Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Soon-to-be-convert

Old 09-27-2007, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soon-to-be-convert

Hello everyone,

New member here and just wanted to say hi real quick. You may be wondering about the title of this thread, well let me explain. I am a life-long Ford owner/lover, etc. I am 34 and have owned 5 Fords in my day. Curently I have a 2005 Mustang GT (which I love, don't get me wrong!). However, I can't stop dreaming about this new Challenger with a 6.1 liter HEMI. I've never owned a Dodge; never even thought about owning a Dodge...until now!

This concept is beautiful in every sense of the word. My only hope is that the actual production version remains true to the concept. If they screw this up it could be catastrophic. They have a real winner on their hands (for once) with this Challenger and again, let's just hope they don't miss the perfect opportunity to capture the hearts and minds of the consumers.

I'm curious about a few things: 1.) Estimated price - I've seen it anywhere from $31K to $50K. What's the deal? 2.) Can I go to a dealer now get on a list, leave a deposit, and/or order it to spec straight from the factory? If I can't order one now, when can I? 3.) if I sallied-out and went with the 5.7L V8 rather than the 6.1L SRT version, I'm curious to know if it would be any faster than my 2005 Mustang GT? If not, screw it! I'll keep the `Stang. I know the 6.1L would smoke it no doubt and it would probably give the Shelby GT500 a run for its money. I just fear that it's gonna cost $50-$55K (like the Shelbys do). Shelby owners are likely paying $10-$15K just for the Shelby name / badging on the car. So, maybe the Challenger won't necessarily be that expensive.

Anyway, Dodge you got me...hook, line and sinker. I'll take mine in Plum Crazy Purple; with the 6.1L HEMI V8 and a 6-speed MANUAL tranny please.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Soon-to-be-convert

Well most of the questions you have will be answered by Dodge themselves in a few months. They are some of the questions we have asked ourselves. Welcome to the site and buckle up, its going to be a fun ride. I've owned Dodges and Plymouths all my life. And one thing is for certain they don't skimp on horsepower. When they set their mind to it and add HEMI to the mix. Good things happen 5.7 is nice at 350 HP. 6.1 at 425 is nicer. Then theres MOPAR performance to put you in the stratoesphere. Pull that belt a little tighter, its going to get real ugly when we hit traffic.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:24 PM

From one reformed Mustanger to another, welcome. You and I are in the same boat. I never even looked at Dodge until the Challenger concept. Now I'm laying the ground work for one in 2009.

I'm gonna agree with lear on this one too: buckle up buttercup, it's gonna be a fun ride for sure.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:37 AM

Thanks for the kind welcome CF.

ORIGINAL: Challenged Fireman

From one reformed Mustanger to another, welcome. You and I are in the same boat. I never even looked at Dodge until the Challenger concept. Now I'm laying the ground work for one in 2009.

I'm gonna agree with lear on this one too: buckle up buttercup, it's gonna be a fun ride for sure.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Albeeno....welcome aboard. You asked questions we have been asking since day one.....January 2006.

Be patient and like I tell everybody else....Ride that Challenger passion.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 AM

Here's mine, someday

[IMG][/IMG][/quote]
Old 10-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

You can buy one of those right now for $60.00.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:02 AM

No thanks, I prefer to hold off for the real deal!

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

You can buy one of those right now for $60.00.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry I didn't welcome you sooner, but welcome to the site Albeeno. I hope your experience as been enjoyable so far.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-05-2007, 07:00 AM

It's been great so far; thank you for the warm welcome. I certainly appreciate it.
ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Sorry I didn't welcome you sooner, but welcome to the site Albeeno. I hope your experience as been enjoyable so far.

Quick Reply: Soon-to-be-convert