Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Still Waiting (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/still-waiting-5399/)

firehawg 11-21-2008 04:11 PM

Still Waiting

:( Placed my order on 9/13 for a White 09 RT, 6 Speed, HID headlights, sunroof, leather, NAV, electronic conv group, 18"tires/rims. My order was BX and fell back to BG [:@]. So dissapointing.. Specially when I look at the registry at cars ordered during the same time and see other folks are taking delivery or their cars are being built or they are being shipped.

My dealer called me earlier this week to tell me they recieved a white RT in that they had on order if I was interested. It was a 6 speed but it didn't have the NAV, didn't have the electronics con group and it had the 20" tires/rim and the hood to fender stipes. Of course I went to test drive it but decided against it because I really want to hold off for the options I ordered. I may have been more convinced to purchase the vehicle they had in stock if they were willing to swap the tires/rims but they weren't.

Anyhow, sorry for the quality of the picture it was after dark and raining... but the ride :D sure was sweet.... I'm more anxious than before to get my car. I heard tonight on the national news that some of the auto manufacturers are shutting down production for the holidays and because of the economy they are extending the shut down. My dealer told me in August my car would be here in Dec, I figured Jan/Feb, but now with the status falling to BG I'm willing to be I don't see it before Mar/Apr timeframe now.

Argh...

Hope everyone enjoys their new rides... I'm jealous!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1805/4825175E7F4E4CA5A95567EF062D2CB9.jpg[/IMG]

mopar2ya 11-21-2008 05:46 PM

RE: Still Waiting

Gotta hand it to you firehawg... it must take a ton of intestinal fortitude to be so focused on the car you ordered that you didn"t cave to the pressure of that fine looking beast!

Hopefully the wait won"t turn out as long as you might think... and if it does... just remember... we"re here for ya man!

Good Luck... may the Challenger delivery angels shine thier smiling faces upon you... ;)

firehawg 11-22-2008 07:03 AM

Hey Mopar yes it was extremely tough to walk away from it. Like I said, if they would have swapped out the tire/rims for me I probably could have convinced myself to settle for something else. I've test drove the automatic and now I've test driven the 6 speed and I've got to se the white in person ... I am pumped.. [sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif] I can't wait until mine gets here. It would be more encouraging though if I could see it making progress through the system instead of going backwards. I just hope Dodge / Chrysler doesn't go out of business before I get my car. That would be my luck!

Until then I will keep admiring everyone else's excitement here on this site..

BUDMAN 11-22-2008 05:31 PM

Fire

PM me your VIN, and dealer name and I will see what I get find out for you.

ORIGINAL: firehawg

Hey Mopar yes it was extremely tough to walk away from it. Like I said, if they would have swapped out the tire/rims for me I probably could have convinced myself to settle for something else. I've test drove the automatic and now I've test driven the 6 speed and I've got to se the white in person ... I am pumped.. [sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif] I can't wait until mine gets here. It would be more encouraging though if I could see it making progress through the system instead of going backwards. I just hope Dodge / Chrysler doesn't go out of business before I get my car. That would be my luck!

Until then I will keep admiring everyone else's excitement here on this site..

mopar2ya 11-23-2008 03:26 AM

Just like old times Budman, eh..?? :D

BUDMAN 11-23-2008 09:58 AM

I have called and chatted with 3 of my friends there. They are not happy A US bailout will not help them in any way they could close that plant and keep the US ones going to save US jobs.

BLK 6050 11-23-2008 10:29 AM

All I can say is I'am glad I have mine already.....what with the rumors of what's going to happen, the up and down talk of the bailout...etc, etc...I must hand it to those that have the faith and are willing to wait for what they truly want......just haope there is a tomorrow for the Challenger...........

epegasus 12-02-2008 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

All I can say is I'am glad I have mine already.....what with the rumors of what's going to happen, the up and down talk of the bailout...etc, etc...I must hand it to those that have the faith and are willing to wait for what they truly want......just haope there is a tomorrow for the Challenger...........
Makes me feel quadrupal lucky that I just happened across a very rare compination for the SRT8s. No stripe kit, no nav, and no roof in Brilliant Silver. It was just sitting there as if it was waiting for me to come pick it up. The Dealer said someone special ordered it but backed out of the deal. And then they came off the MSRP to get the deal done. Not trying to rub it in but my luck usually doesn't run like this. Curious why you don't want the 20" wheels?

mopar2ya 12-03-2008 04:26 AM

ORIGINAL: epegasus

Makes me feel quadrupal lucky that I just happened across a very rare compination for the SRT8s. No stripe kit, no nav, and no roof in Brilliant Silver. It was just sitting there as if it was waiting for me to come pick it up. The Dealer said someone special ordered it but backed out of the deal. And then they came off the MSRP to get the deal done. Not trying to rub it in but my luck usually doesn't run like this. Curious why you don't want the 20" wheels?
Hey Mark!!! I think I found your 09 Challenger... :D

canadiancanuck 12-03-2008 07:20 AM

no worries my america friends, the canadian plant will pump' em out for ya.... hahaha just a little friendly neighborly help from up top eh???

firehawg, good luck on the wait, I almost lost out on mine as well, but I did luck out, it was killer waiting the extra 2 weeks.... but congrats on the purchase.

2009SRT_wife 12-03-2008 06:26 PM

I'm with epegasus - why so opposed to the 20" wheels? At first I thought - they might not be right, but man they look good. Also, 20" wheels are a lot more available these days and they are not as expensive as they used to be ( you know - when the only 20" wheels were on the escalades and tahoes out and about). We didn't special order our SRT8. I held firm to the Black Crystal Pearl. When the SRT8 came in - our local dealership wanted $5,000 over MSRP. Don't get me wrong, I'm certain that it is worth it - I just didn't want to pay that. When they came way down - we said yeah. Wait - we said "hell yeah!" - She is SUPER sweet!!! No sun roof - but everything else you can imagine. Stay with the 6 speed - there is nothing like it. Even though you ordered something - keep test driving or keep your eyes open because the right deal (or better deal) might come along. Loving it now - but at the same time - don't settle. NEVER settle. You will only regret it in the long run. Good luck and best wishes for quick delivery (or discovery).... whichever the case may be.

firehawg 12-08-2008 08:18 AM

SRTWife and Epegasus... personal preference. My wife has low profile wheels/tires on her Acura TL and they have been nothing but trouble .. from busted tires to scraped wheels and it seems as they have magnets because every time I turn around she has a nail or screw in them. The roads in the NOVA - Wash DC area aren't always the best, specially in the colder months when freezing / thawing occurs . . I just don't feel as though the 20"s will withstand an accidental run in with a pot hole as well as the 18"s will - I could be completely wrong.. Like I said, I guess it comes down to personal preference. I agree the 20"s do look good - no doubt about it.

Challengers seem to be gathering on local dealer lots now - 3 or 4 months ago they would be gone as soon as they arrived. My local dealer now has had (3) RTs on their lot for over a month (one of them is the white 6 speed I test drove). Another dealer close to where I work has had a SE and a couple RTs for about 2 months and now I see they have 2 or 3 SRTs in stock. I'm keeping my eyes open and if something comes in close enough to what I want .. I could be swayed into a decision for the right $$. Until then, I'm hoping my car gets built and delivered before there are no more "Big 3".

Paladin06 12-08-2008 08:37 AM

The 20" wheels on the SRT8 are Forged wheels. They are stronger then any other wheel available from the OEM. Don't forget they are lightweight as well. Check their weight against an aftermaket 20" and the weight difference is significant.

2009SRT_wife 12-08-2008 02:49 PM

Firehawg
Sorry about your wife's TL - I got lucky - yes I do have those sport wheels too - but my dealership does a "tires for life" program as long as you have it serviced there. I have had a total of 2 full sets of tires. Not sure if the 20"s will be better than 18"s in the big pot holes - I've seen lots of tires and wheels damaged from horrible roads.

Good luck on the wait -

firehawg 12-14-2008 07:38 PM

Ok my patience is running thin now. [:@] I've started looking around at inventory within a 200 mile radius. I can't find any RTs in White and/or with 18" tires/wheels. I have pulled out (3) RTs (Black, Tored, Deepwater Blue) from my search. All 3 of them have everything I'm looking for except the color and 18" tires/wheels and they also have the Sound Group2. I spoke to one dealer (via email) the MSRP is 39,305, I offered them 36K and they came back $37,316. I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger....

firehawg 01-08-2009 07:09 PM

:D
Ok..Ok.. It's been a while since I've been on the forum. I couldn't stand it anymore. My order wasn't making progress. Chrysler was taking Fed money and shutting down their plants for a month. What's next?? How long will I have to wait for my car to be built?? I cracked under all the pressure. I went out and searched, searched and searched for an RT like I had on order. I couldn't find an exact match but I did find a compromise I could live with. :D. [sm=happybounce.gif]

Since 12/17 I am now the proud owner of a brand new 09 Dodge Challenger RT, Tored Red, 27J, 6 Speed Manual, Electronics Convenience Group, Sound Group 2, HID, Sunroof, and 20's. AND...AND.. the car I bought was $2500 more than the car I ordered, but I got the one I bought for $4 less than the one I ordered!!!!!!!

Man this car draws attention and a crowd no matter where you go...

Loving life and enjoying the ride in VA! (or at least until the payments start!)

[IMG]local://upfiles/1805/A265F33200C74803B890E28ABE79DCEE.jpg[/IMG]

RoswellGrey 01-08-2009 09:11 PM

Beautiful car, firehawg. Next to white, TorRed is my favorite color. Congrats!

BLK 6050 01-08-2009 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Beautiful car, firehawg. Next to white, TorRed is my favorite color. Congrats!
Next to Black...Black is my favorite color...............

RoswellGrey 01-09-2009 01:40 AM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

Next to Black...Black is my favorite color...............
Yep. That's the way it was back in the old days when your 08 was new, Joe. The Challenger, available in any color, as long as it's black (or silver or orange). :D