Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Still Waiting

Old 11-21-2008, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still Waiting

Placed my order on 9/13 for a White 09 RT, 6 Speed, HID headlights, sunroof, leather, NAV, electronic conv group, 18"tires/rims. My order was BX and fell back to BG [:@]. So dissapointing.. Specially when I look at the registry at cars ordered during the same time and see other folks are taking delivery or their cars are being built or they are being shipped.

My dealer called me earlier this week to tell me they recieved a white RT in that they had on order if I was interested. It was a 6 speed but it didn't have the NAV, didn't have the electronics con group and it had the 20" tires/rim and the hood to fender stipes. Of course I went to test drive it but decided against it because I really want to hold off for the options I ordered. I may have been more convinced to purchase the vehicle they had in stock if they were willing to swap the tires/rims but they weren't.

Anyhow, sorry for the quality of the picture it was after dark and raining... but the ride sure was sweet.... I'm more anxious than before to get my car. I heard tonight on the national news that some of the auto manufacturers are shutting down production for the holidays and because of the economy they are extending the shut down. My dealer told me in August my car would be here in Dec, I figured Jan/Feb, but now with the status falling to BG I'm willing to be I don't see it before Mar/Apr timeframe now.

Argh...

Hope everyone enjoys their new rides... I'm jealous!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1805/4825175E7F4E4CA5A95567EF062D2CB9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-21-2008, 05:46 PM

Default RE: Still Waiting

Gotta hand it to you firehawg... it must take a ton of intestinal fortitude to be so focused on the car you ordered that you didn"t cave to the pressure of that fine looking beast!

Hopefully the wait won"t turn out as long as you might think... and if it does... just remember... we"re here for ya man!

Good Luck... may the Challenger delivery angels shine thier smiling faces upon you...
Old 11-22-2008, 07:03 AM

Hey Mopar yes it was extremely tough to walk away from it. Like I said, if they would have swapped out the tire/rims for me I probably could have convinced myself to settle for something else. I've test drove the automatic and now I've test driven the 6 speed and I've got to se the white in person ... I am pumped.. [sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif] I can't wait until mine gets here. It would be more encouraging though if I could see it making progress through the system instead of going backwards. I just hope Dodge / Chrysler doesn't go out of business before I get my car. That would be my luck!

Until then I will keep admiring everyone else's excitement here on this site..
Old 11-22-2008, 05:31 PM

Fire

PM me your VIN, and dealer name and I will see what I get find out for you.

ORIGINAL: firehawg

Hey Mopar yes it was extremely tough to walk away from it. Like I said, if they would have swapped out the tire/rims for me I probably could have convinced myself to settle for something else. I've test drove the automatic and now I've test driven the 6 speed and I've got to se the white in person ... I am pumped.. [sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif] I can't wait until mine gets here. It would be more encouraging though if I could see it making progress through the system instead of going backwards. I just hope Dodge / Chrysler doesn't go out of business before I get my car. That would be my luck!

Until then I will keep admiring everyone else's excitement here on this site..
Old 11-23-2008, 03:26 AM

Just like old times Budman, eh..??
Old 11-23-2008, 09:58 AM

I have called and chatted with 3 of my friends there. They are not happy A US bailout will not help them in any way they could close that plant and keep the US ones going to save US jobs.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:29 AM

All I can say is I'am glad I have mine already.....what with the rumors of what's going to happen, the up and down talk of the bailout...etc, etc...I must hand it to those that have the faith and are willing to wait for what they truly want......just haope there is a tomorrow for the Challenger...........
Old 12-02-2008, 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

All I can say is I'am glad I have mine already.....what with the rumors of what's going to happen, the up and down talk of the bailout...etc, etc...I must hand it to those that have the faith and are willing to wait for what they truly want......just haope there is a tomorrow for the Challenger...........
Makes me feel quadrupal lucky that I just happened across a very rare compination for the SRT8s. No stripe kit, no nav, and no roof in Brilliant Silver. It was just sitting there as if it was waiting for me to come pick it up. The Dealer said someone special ordered it but backed out of the deal. And then they came off the MSRP to get the deal done. Not trying to rub it in but my luck usually doesn't run like this. Curious why you don't want the 20" wheels?
Old 12-03-2008, 04:26 AM

ORIGINAL: epegasus

Makes me feel quadrupal lucky that I just happened across a very rare compination for the SRT8s. No stripe kit, no nav, and no roof in Brilliant Silver. It was just sitting there as if it was waiting for me to come pick it up. The Dealer said someone special ordered it but backed out of the deal. And then they came off the MSRP to get the deal done. Not trying to rub it in but my luck usually doesn't run like this. Curious why you don't want the 20" wheels?
Hey Mark!!! I think I found your 09 Challenger...
Old 12-03-2008, 07:20 AM

no worries my america friends, the canadian plant will pump' em out for ya.... hahaha just a little friendly neighborly help from up top eh???

firehawg, good luck on the wait, I almost lost out on mine as well, but I did luck out, it was killer waiting the extra 2 weeks.... but congrats on the purchase.

Quick Reply: Still Waiting