Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Warm Holiday Greetings!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warm Holiday Greetings!!!

Whoops!!! I guess I proceeded to the general '08 Challenger forum before stopping here to say hello. I just joined today. I've been a Chevy person all my driving life, and have come to have the red Chevy bowtie emblem imbued into my psyche. However, one look at the Challenger concept car was all it took to compel me to blindly sail the yet uncharted waters of the Mopar Camp. I know close to nothing about Dodge or Chrysler products and predict that I'll be needing a lot of expert help from those who do.

Some nice Chevy rides I've had:

1996 Impala SS
1999 Camaro Z28
2002 Camaro SS

My current ride:

2002 Impala 3.8L V6 (reliable daily driver and a definite keeper but not a "dream" car)

My dream ride:

2009 SRT8 Challenger (or when it's finally available with a six-speed manual transmission)

In closing, it's an honor to be joining this forum. I'm sure I place myself in excellent company!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:26 AM

Default RE: Warm Holiday Greetings!!!

It doesn't matter where you start.. just as long as you finish first![8D] Welcome to The CF!!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:34 PM

Thanks MGDMike! Mopar all the way it is then!!!

Stephen
Detroit Iron Chef
Old 12-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard and "Ride that Challenger passion".
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:53 AM

Thanks Jeremiah 29:11. Hey, by the way, are you some sort of minister? I've read some of your pieces and they seem to generate a sense of wisdom and perspective. Have a good day!

--The Iron Chef waiting for his Challenger!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks. No I am not a minister but just happen to be a Christian.....translation......which means a Christ follower.

I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior of my life at an early age and with God's help I try to lead the life
he wants me to lead. I also try to help others find him as well. He wants us to love him with all of our mind, soul,
and spirit which is the 1st Commandment and the 2nd is to love our neighbors as ourselves.

For the short time we have on this Earth (around 88 yrs if we are blessed, my oldest son just told me that someone
on his team at work in his early 30's died in the hospital when his kidneys failed/none of us know how much time we have)
I try to understand and know his truth.

I tend to think of the Bible as:

Basic

Instructions

Before

Leaving

Earth

I pray that more of the people on this awesome forum come to know and have a relationship with the Lord.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:47 AM

Very nicely put, Jeremiah 29:11, thank you for taking the time to share that. It's quite encouraging to know that people with such strong faith in Our Lord still exist. By the way, excellent point on the Bible (Basic Instructions Before Leave Earth). I've never heard it expressed that way. Very true in any case. Have a blessed day!!!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

If you get a chance, read my Bible study (Point Man) I did earlier this year about Men
being the spiritual leaders in the family:

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=10292
Old 12-16-2007, 11:29 AM

Jeremiah 29:11, may God bless you and continue to enlighten you as He delights in your labors to make His Truth known to all the world. May He also send you the BEST built Dodge Challenger of your choosing!!!

Compliments of the Chef
Old 12-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you very much. Detroit Iron Chef, it is a pleasure to have you on board. Best built Challenger of my choosing with his blessing......that sounds awesome!

Merry Christmas to your and your family.

Quick Reply: Warm Holiday Greetings!!!