Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

What to do with my new blue Challnger??

Old 03-05-2010, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with my new blue Challnger??

I'm looking to upgrade my car in lots of ways since its only a V6. i love my car but I don't know any thing about them. I also want to get new rims, Black or crome... I cant decide... im short on money but i need ideas on the cheapest but legit thing to upgrade my car for now. Like a louder engine roar, more HP,maybe some time of stripe decals(i know it dosn't make it faster), just any ideas to my nooby self out

thanks
Old 03-05-2010, 03:55 AM

Default Blue Ideas

Welcome to the site Lucky, Congratulations on purchase of the coolest car dodge has built in a long long time!!! The size of the motor will NOT limit you to the amount of fun and pride you'll have with your new challenger. I'd change the exhaust and ad cool wheels and save up for a Whiplash Supercharger Kit.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky
I'm looking to upgrade my car in lots of ways since its only a V6. i love my car but I don't know any thing about them. I also want to get new rims, Black or crome... I cant decide... im short on money but i need ideas on the cheapest but legit thing to upgrade my car for now. Like a louder engine roar, more HP,maybe some time of stripe decals(i know it dosn't make it faster), just any ideas to my nooby self out

thanks
I have a v6 also, without knowing how much you have to spend it will be tough but i can tell you what i did to mine so far. some items are small but make a nice visible difference. the main thing is try to do as much as you can to save yourself labor fee's

1970 go wing $147 shipped <----- pain to mount but it looks so good

K&N drop in air filter $25 shipped off of Ebay, SE-RT-SRT all use same
one---POWER ADDER

Stripes, $475--But i paid quite a bit more because i wanted reflective tape

Blastin Bobs muffler back Exhaust-- i had one custom made so i could use stock tips and Bob charged me $214 shipped for it, plus $60 for the tips from another site and then $45 for the SRT rear fascia and replacement
pon fasteners but you can order one of his muffler back kits with everything needed for install for about $300 shipped give or take a few bucks depending on the kit you order.---- POWER ADDER
http://www.blastinbob.com/category_s/5.htm

i custom made an engine cover for mine with a lot of help from Ebay again
for just under $200 for everything.

set of 20" wheels as seen in my Sig complete package including TPMS sensors and lugs with locks from discount tire for $1400 shipped.

and my most recent purchase was the predator tuner again an Ebay deal
for $260 shipped---- POWER ADDER
hope to use this on sunday finally since its supposed to be in the 50s here

i made some six pack emblems for the hood $60

got a deal on a pistol grip shifter handle $75

scat pack 1/4 window decals $10--Ebay again

fuctional hood scoops $60 shipped

hood props $55

probably some other small things i cant think of at this moment

remember, Ebay is a good friend if you dont have a lot of cash to spend
you just have to set an amount to spend including shipping and dont bid
over that amount

i will try to remember to post photos tonight

Last edited by wp23n; 03-05-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:47 AM

Wow thanks alot guys for the tips and all those links and the data you gave me. I have to go to work now but when i get home ill be looking around Ebay for those things. but whats best to start out with??? b.c if i were to get any of those, i want one thats best to start off with. Which should i get 1st and then which would complement it the best ?? if you get what im saying

Thanks again
Old 03-05-2010, 08:52 AM

Wow thanks alot guys for the tips and all those links and the data you gave me. I have to go to work now but when i get home ill be looking around Ebay for those things. but whats best to start out with??? b.c if i were to get any of those, i want one thats best to start off with. Which should i get 1st and then which would complement it the best ?? if you get what im saying

Thanks again
K&N drop in filter and then a Blastin Bobs muffler back in 10dB version.

for the blastin bobs if you are handy all you need is a pipe cutter, tape measure, marker,ramps, razor knife and a socket set. knife is to cut the drivers side rear fascia. kit comes with a template that you use.

pipe cutter can usualy be rented from advance auto or auto zone and you can have it done in about an hour.
those 2 alone you should be able to do for less than $400.

again--- always search Ebay first and then the challenger sites "parts for sale sections" to get the best deals.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:25 AM

thanks for everything
Old 03-07-2010, 04:38 AM

hey wp23n i copy pasted this"muffler back in 10dB" i went to blaster bobs and copyed that and it said no search results.... did i do something wrong or do u have a typo?? just curious not getting at you or anything i just want to start finding these items you know?

Thanks wp23n
Old 03-08-2010, 04:02 AM

hey wp23n i copy pasted this"muffler back in 10dB" i went to blaster bobs and copyed that and it said no search results.... did i do something wrong or do u have a typo?? just curious not getting at you or anything i just want to start finding these items you know?

Thanks wp23n
Lucky,
put your mouse pointer on the link and click, should thake you right to the
blastin bobs LX-V6 page, about midway down is the 10dB kits for $239.99 plus S&H.

by
Old 03-08-2010, 04:04 AM

Thanks wp23n

by the way I got to install the predator, went with the 89 tune to start with, i can feel a difference in power and even though it doesn't tune the trans it feels like the shift points are up and much snappier.

definitely worth the $260 i paid for it.

Last edited by wp23n; 03-09-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:35 AM

225SSR-V6-Y 2005-10 Dodge/Chrysler LX/LY 2.7L & 3.5L 10db dual conversion kit w/SSR tips Retail price $299.95
Our Price: $239.95
You Save $60.00!

Blastin Bob's 10db V-6 dual conversion kit w/3.5" SSR tips

this one up top(same thigns) or

225DW-V6-Y 2005-10 Dodge/Chrysler LX/LY 2.7L & 3.5L 10db dual conversion kit w/DW tips Retail price $299.95
Our Price: $239.95
You Save $60.00!

Blastin Bob's LX/LY 10db V-6 dual conversion exhaust kit w/DW tips

sorry if its a bit sloppy but i dont know which would be better

Quick Reply: What to do with my new blue Challnger??