Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Wow...what a ride!

Old 11-25-2008, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wow...what a ride!

Be very quiet....the insurance companies may be listening
Old 11-25-2008, 05:09 AM

badboyz, congrats on the new ride! Yes, the grin is very hard to get rid of (as if you want to). Always great to see new owners and hear their delight! 2009SRT_wife, always great to hear the wives and women owners voice their impressions as men are used to hearing comments form other men and can associate with them but to hear the same comments from a woman is very refreshing. Keep up the good work folks, lets get those Challengers out there and driving!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:20 AM

hahah badboy, I totally get the feeling, I'm still amazed at the attention one gets in this car, I had a guy literally jump out of his truck on Deerfoot (6 line highway through the city) in rush hour take 3 pics of my car and then gave me a thumbs up while the driver behind him was taking pics with his cell phone unaware taht the lane had opened up ahed, these guys held up traffic just to take a picture it was hilarious. The grin does not go away. Congrats man.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:50 PM

This car is definately an attention getter. Have to watch the burn outs or I'm gonna need new tires soon. One advantage I have is being a police officer. That's right, we like to have fun too! Believe me, the last thing you want to do is show this car to a bunch of cops that want to "see what it does." All my co-workers were drooling over the thought of this being a patrol car. Not a chance, as this car is so special. Told the guys at work that this thing would smoke anything we got in our fleet. Congrats to all the new owners out there. Oh by the way, our city mayor is gonna use my r/t in our upcoming Christmas parade. Should be fun to showcase the "new girl" in front of hundreds. Hope the mayor does not do burnouts or you'll be seeing me on youtube! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and a safe holiday season. I'm not saying this because I'm a cop, but please don't drink and drive, seen some bad ones that were totally avoidable if they just got a ride. Enough said...stay safe and enjoy the ride!
Old 11-26-2008, 03:37 PM

I've had a bunch of Cops stop me just to see the car. I always provide them a little taste of SRT8 Challenger. They all love it and when I next see them I give them the GRIN and they give me the big thumbs up..
Old 11-30-2008, 08:23 AM

I let the wife test drive it first-That's how I got her to buy in! Works almost everytime!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:52 PM

Awesome ! I am a buy in the Spring dude. About 6 weeks ago I saw a new Torred R/T fly past me and it turned into a parking lot. I promptly pulled in and talked with him for about a half an hour.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:03 PM

It really is an amazing car! I just sat in it in the garage checking out all the cool stuff on the nav system and the tunes! Looks like a 70 and rides like today. I love the interior they did a nice job.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:52 PM

All the gadgets are fun, although a challenge to learn all the details. If you are not the primary driver, or if you have a different nav system with different features, the system is requires some learning. I did find out one down point about the nav system today (although probably safer) - you have to be parked to type in a location or specific point of interest. My Acura allows you to use all features of the nav system on the go. Ok - maybe I'm be a little picky. There are soooo many other things to love about it!

I finally got to take this wonderful beast to work - yes - I got to to take her out all by myself. I work in a school district and my superintendent loves cars. He used to have a Roadrunner. I took him for a casual spin and he loved it. All my principals wanted to take a spin too. It seemed like troopers were everywhere and we weren't even on the highway. My principal of grades kindergarten and 1st grade LOVED it. She said it reminded her of growing up. When I dropped her off she said she had to look at the tail lights and then she walked to the front to look at the grill. She was very impressed and it made me smile at the little things she noted as exceptional on the SRT. My middle school principal was dying to take it for a spin himself, but I said no way - but I could take him for a quick trip into the country. He said it reminded him of a Cuda. He said that 3rd gear was still the sweet spot. When I pulled back up to the middle school - the junior high kids were in awe. My principal looked around once more inside the car and in the back seat and said that the car brought back memories.... hmmmm. He said the car was bad to the bone and even more so with a chic driving it. I told my husband about the comment and he laughed. Everyone LOVED the cars which is always fun. Kids at the high school couldn't believe it was the curriculum director who was driving it.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:09 PM

I didn't know that about the nav system. I'll have to read up on all the gizmos! Rare that a car causes such a stir-been along time since a American car evoked such reactions-Cool ain't it!

Quick Reply: Wow...what a ride!