Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Yes its another "newbie" checking in!

Old 11-23-2009, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Yes its another "newbie" checking in!

Hello you all.
My name is Doozle and I'm the very proud new owner of a 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8. This is my very first Mopar product, ur vehicle having been a G.M. fan ever since I received my drivers license from the DMV. I'm glad to be here but I still can't believe that Chrysler Corp saw fit to bring back such a "ausome" car such as the Dodge Challenger to begin with. With all that's going on in the world, a US recession, Toyota Prius's being the car of choice, new leadership in D.C., G.M. now standing for "Government Motors", etc. I still have to pinch myself that a car such as the Challenger actually got built and past the corporate "bean counters". This car is truly "Retro" done right. Trust me folks this isn't just a good thing, its a great thing.
I special ordered my Challenger from Helfman Dodge in Houston, TX. This dealership is a five star dealership which puts them in a class above many other "Dodge" dealerships. The only option I didn't go for was the sunroof. My car is also "Torred Red" in color. I went kind of wild at the "candy Store", that's where the dealership starts making back all that money you successfully negotiated to begin with. I went for the following items;
1) Mopar performance air intake system.
2) Borla cat-back factory exhaust system.
3) Carbon fiber trim treatment for the center console, etc.
4) Back up radar sensors (what can I say they work).
If anyone of you all is still on the fence as to what to do, I'd advise you to decide as soon as possible because its just a matter of time before the powers that be (transportation Gods) will close this automotive bliss of a loop hole for good. I can't believe the Challenger is going on 3 years so far.
Well that's about it for now. Please feel free to comment or ask questions. I do look forward to asking lots of questions and receiving lots of answers as well.

Happy Motoring!
Doozle.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:18 AM

I couldn't have said it any better.......welcome to the forum,
Enjoy your new SRT...I know I do, and even after having owned mine for over a year.....I still have a big smile that will not go away!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Banned

Default Yes its another "newbie" checking in

Im new and from the Philly area, too. Originally, that is -- now living in Limerick TWP.Welcome to one newbie to another.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Doozle, welcome to the forum and congrats on your SRT. Actully the car was introduced in 2006 and came out in 2008 before the recession.

I grew up in Houston but moved away 13 years ago but I am still a Texas. Keep safe in that Houston traffice.

Ride that Challenger Passion!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:27 AM

Very nice enjoy your new ride and the smiles that come with it