Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-15/)
-   -   Mopar Supercharger coming in Nov (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-15/mopar-supercharger-coming-nov-3670/)

Paladin06 07-01-2008 01:04 PM

Mopar Supercharger coming in Nov

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...d=128306?imw=Y

DSkippy 07-01-2008 01:22 PM

RE: Mopar Supercharger coming in Nov

Darghhh...it'd be nice if they'd offer it as some model to officially have the hottest stocker.....it's A card in their pocket.

tcchubb 07-01-2008 01:24 PM

sweet... i also wish they would put it on a model

MrKrisSullivan 07-01-2008 04:49 PM

Where is the Price for this beast?? I want to it give give me give me.

Paladin06 07-01-2008 06:26 PM

No price yet. Please stand by..

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

Where is the Price for this beast?? I want to it give give me give me.

npeifer 07-02-2008 06:23 AM

I'll take one please !

I was wondering why they made the guages for the pillar and offered a vacuum/boost guage on an N/A car? Now we know !!!!!!!!

hemicuda 07-08-2008 11:40 AM

I wonder how many pounds of boost this thing will pump out. Also, centrifugal or roots type like the GT500? Kenne Bell is also working on a kit in coorporation with Mr. Norm Kraus. That thing is going to be awesome.

LordFoul 07-08-2008 12:19 PM

Maybe this is a silly question:

If it's a Mopar Supercharger - it won't affect a Factory or a Extended warranty in any way?

I can have the dealership install it and maintain full warranty?

hemicuda 07-08-2008 12:33 PM

As long as it is a Mopar accessory installed by a dealership technician, should not void warranty. That has always been my experience.

TERROR 07-13-2008 06:01 PM

Wonder if they'll be marketing/producing something for the RT?

MrKrisSullivan 07-14-2008 05:18 PM

Saleen is working with the R/T and a supercharger system from what i've heard. I think it's a couple hundred cars he's going to build. Hp is supposed to be around the Cobra.
So im sure they'll be making something for the R/T.

davecpa 07-14-2008 09:29 PM

I did notice on my order sheet for my challenger it had a spot to mark for supercharger.

Urlosingbd 07-15-2008 09:04 AM

ORIGINAL: hemicuda

As long as it is a Mopar accessory installed by a dealership technician, should not void warranty. That has always been my experience.

I know Ford does that with the mustang. Doesn't void warranty if installed by them, which they charge a ridiculous amount for labor charge. Been thinking about doing this :D

DK challenger 07-26-2008 05:22 PM

I wish they would make a production supercharged Challenger. They could call it the SRT8S, S for supercharged. What do you guys think?

Andre@Edge 07-26-2008 05:38 PM

They could revise the charger to a 2 door sports car and call it the "super charger", even the SRT8 Super Challenger

mopar2ya 07-26-2008 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: DK challenger

I wish they would make a production supercharged Challenger. They could call it the SRT8S S for supercharged. What do you guys think?
I like it... build it Dodge!! [sm=goodidea.gif]

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

They could revise the charger to a 2 door sports car and call it the super charger even the SRT8 Super Challenger
I like it too... build it too Dodge!! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Paladin06 07-27-2008 04:00 AM

Mopar is going to announce a factory supported SC for the SRT8 and R/T Challenger at SEMA this year.

Jeremiah 29:11 07-27-2008 10:42 AM

A Mopar factory supported SuperCharger or Turbocharger has my vote.

MrKrisSullivan 07-27-2008 10:43 AM

yeeeesss!!!! I can't wait. Exactly what I wanted to hear. A warranteed S/C on my R/T awww(drools)
So Paladin do you know when the Sema show is this year??

Jeremiah 29:11 07-27-2008 10:50 AM

Usually every November in Vegas.

Paladin06 07-27-2008 11:13 AM

Yep, in Vegas every year. A whole week of cars, cars, car stuff and hot women..

nonsensez9 07-28-2008 12:40 PM

SEMA: not open to general public [:@]

oh well, the media is out in full force

mopar2ya 07-28-2008 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: davecpa

I did notice on my order sheet for my challenger it had a spot to mark for supercharger.
You did check the box.... didnt you? ;)

mjorgensen 07-28-2008 06:36 PM

I will have the first 4 Paxton Vortech supercharger systems for the SRT Cahllenger produced for the public in the next 2 weeks. If anyone is interested call.

Paladin06 07-29-2008 06:40 AM

How about posting some info on the kit or a link to the info.

ORIGINAL: mjorgensen

I will have the first 4 Paxton Vortech supercharger systems for the SRT Cahllenger produced for the public in the next 2 weeks. If anyone is interested call.

mjorgensen 07-29-2008 06:57 AM

There has been no public information released that I can share at this time but they are in the final stages of programming and I will let the guys here know as soon as I do to be sure!

Thank you,

mjorgensen 07-29-2008 01:51 PM

OK a Sneak peek, 5.7 kit 430hp and 460tq! nothing else needed .... 6.1 kit .... 540hp and 500tq! coming soon to a .... well ME!

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

How about posting some info on the kit or a link to the info.

BootCamp 07-29-2008 02:59 PM

Those are dynoe,d / RWHP numbers, correct?

Jeremiah 29:11 07-29-2008 03:26 PM

So let me open up a can of worms.

Why a supercharger vs. a turbocharge specifically for the Challenger. What is it about the Challenger that the Supercharger is being offered.

I am more interested in the technical vs. the marketing reasons but I would love to hear both.

mjorgensen 07-29-2008 05:56 PM

Sorry but NO. They are verified crank hp numbers but they have been notorious about quoting low numbers as shown in the 124 Viper supercharger systems my shop has installed. Paxton has always stated for the Gen3 viper a 200hp gain over stock and with all the cars my team has done my running average is 740 at the crank so we are seeing a gain 35-40hp more than they say we should see.

We use a Mustang dyno loaded in road simulation mode for testing so the rwhp numbers are lower than say a Dynojet but ours are repeatable factory corrected numbers and we do about 75 dyno cars per year so we know what we are doing and the results are very repeatable.

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Those are dynoe,d / RWHP numbers, correct?

mjorgensen 07-29-2008 06:04 PM

The supercharger is generally chosen over a turbo on a V8 because of packaging constraints and or money. The turbo can make more power in general because it works off free power, no engine power used to run it so pound for pound the turbo makes more in the end. The supercharger is easier to install, may or may not need intercooling that is a must have in a turbo car so the plumbing is much simpler.

The 6.1L will only take 5.5 to 6 pounds of boost in stock form anyway so a turbo would seem to be overkill anyway for such a low number. The supercharger may not even NEED to have intercooling at these levels.

Hope this helped!

The

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Why a supercharger vs. a turbocharge specifically for the Challenger. What is it about the Challenger that the Supercharger is being offered.

I am more interested in the technical vs. the marketing reasons but I would love to hear both.

choodock 07-29-2008 08:16 PM

I don't see myself spending thousands on a supercharger unless I can get 600+ hp at the crank and 500+ at the rear wheels.

davecpa 07-29-2008 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: davecpa

You did check the box.... didnt you? ;)

I tried to check the box but it was uncheckable... could have used some white out and a sharpie. I will try to scan it and upload it on here

mjorgensen 07-30-2008 05:29 AM

You can have that much it just is not carb approved and the motor will not last at that level without internal modifications.

ORIGINAL: choodock

I don't see myself spending thousands on a supercharger unless I can get 600+ hp at the crank and 500+ at the rear wheels.

mjorgensen 07-31-2008 04:52 PM

M.S.R.P. for the SRT Challenger has been released, $6638.95. If you have questions ordering itch or whatever call me if I can help. Not a sales pitch I find it's better to just offer information rather than "push" our wares. The stuff I do choose to sell is always the right stuff not just stuff.

I'm always glad to help though with anything so just ask! :-)

Jeremiah 29:11 08-03-2008 11:56 AM

The supercharger is generally chosen over a turbo on a V8 because of packaging constraints and or money. The turbo can make more power in general because it works off free power, no engine power used to run it so pound for pound the turbo makes more in the end. The supercharger is easier to install, may or may not need intercooling that is a must have in a turbo car so the plumbing is much simpler.

The 6.1L will only take 5.5 to 6 pounds of boost in stock form anyway so a turbo would seem to be overkill anyway for such a low number. The supercharger may not even NEED to have intercooling at these levels.

Hope this helped!

The

Thanks mjorgensen, that was good information. Yes I guess it is hard to boost it a lot when you have such a high compression ratio to start with.

On another note, do you expect a 6.4L to have a high HP limitation than the 560HP on the 6.1L.

choodock 08-03-2008 12:31 PM

Just a note on compression ratios:

5.7 10.5:1
6.1 10.3:1

How much boost are the 5.7's running?

Jeremiah 29:11 08-03-2008 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: choodock

Just a note on compression ratios:

5.7 10.5:1
6.1 10.3:1

How much boost are the 5.7's running?
Yes, it would have to be 8.5 or 9 before you could really boost it higher without the expensive juice of course.

npeifer 08-04-2008 07:26 AM

Hope this helped!

The

Hold on, you are offering a supercharger kit and have released an MSRP for a kit and you don't know for SURE if it NEEDS intercooling ?

Andre@Edge 08-04-2008 07:45 AM

At 6 lbs of boost you want the intercooling. You may also want to carry a couple large box's so when the OE assembly comes a part you can collect the parts from the side of the road.