Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   2010 Mustang (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/2010-mustang-5360/)

JJMPB 11-18-2008 09:06 AM

2010 Mustang

sine the 2010 mustang has been revealed what are your thoughts on the car?

Paladin06 11-18-2008 10:01 AM

RE: 2010 Mustang

Just keep beating them like step children.

BLK 6050 11-18-2008 10:12 AM

I'm guessing that "Paladin06" will not be adding one to his garage anytime soon........I'll take one IF they give it to me (could then sell it)....I do find the very limited edition 427 model interesting, but...not enough to buy one..............a Mustang is a Mustang is a Mustang........UNLESS it's a P-51....now there IS a Mustang I would love to own...................!!!!!!!!!!!

JJMPB 11-18-2008 10:36 AM

nothing good so far

MrKrisSullivan 11-18-2008 10:38 AM

I've only seen spy pics and some really bad lighting pics, but so far to me it looks like an uglier version of the Camaro... But the 427 does sound pretty mean... Still though the Challenger just looks time-less...

Riptide 11-18-2008 11:57 AM

-E-brake
-Tach on right side
-Minus fake gas cap
-Sleek, maybe less drag
-Gear options

Dislikes
-Vents
-Tail lights/bumper
-Front end
-Minor power increase
-Black on white gauges

JJMPB 11-18-2008 12:23 PM

for those who haven't seen it
http://autos.aol.com/article/ford/_a...432x1200860708

Urlosingbd 11-18-2008 12:47 PM

I like. The Challey will have stiff comp. when the 5.0 comes out.

MrKrisSullivan 11-18-2008 01:03 PM

Well it would have stiff comp. IF the 5.0 came out, which it doesn't... Yeah this seems to be just a re-do of the 2005 body... Kinda like the '09 Ram vs. '03 Ram... It's too bad they didn't bring the 5.0 back, I know a few mustang guy's that love the 5.0 and they really wanted to see that.. Oh well I guess they'll stick to there fox bodys...

Riptide 11-18-2008 01:59 PM

Seeing as an R/T isnt much if any faster than a GT (which presently costs a bit less) in the first place then Id say competition is pretty stiff in that pricerange already. Now if were talking GT vs. SRT8 - nother story. But then there is that little price difference issue.

Speaking as a de-facto representative of the mustanforums (lol) I can tell you the biggest disappointment is the lack of powerplant changes. They slapped a $600 CAI/Tune on the same powerplant and called it good. It could be something to due with the current economic realities facing Ford. Or maybe the new powerplants just arent ready yet. Hard to say.

RoswellGrey 11-18-2008 02:22 PM

Going strictly on appearance, I like the 2010 Mustang. I haven't really cared for the current (2005-09) body shell, as going retro with the Mustang is a waste. Unlike the Challenger, the Mustang's production has been continuous. To me, it should show evolution, not a return to the past. And although its production was interrupted for a few years, I think the same thing of the Camaro.

Urlosingbd 11-18-2008 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

Well it would have stiff comp. IF the 5.0 came out, which it doesn't... Yeah this seems to be just a re-do of the 2005 body... Kinda like the '09 Ram vs. '03 Ram... It's too bad they didn't bring the 5.0 back, I know a few mustang guy's that love the 5.0 and they really wanted to see that.. Oh well I guess they'll stick to there fox bodys...

The 5.0 mod motor comes out in 2011. Kind of stupid to carry over the 281 for one year in the new design but O' well.

Not really a "blue" color on a car but grabber blue!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNpw5QaQbsI

Riptide 11-18-2008 02:38 PM

Honestly how do people know the 5.0 is going to be here in the first place? And how do they know it's 400hp? Has Ford officially commented?

Justinec101 11-18-2008 02:51 PM

It's definitely an improvement, just not enough of a change. They definitely went a little more towards the sporty side with it. The interior is better in some places but the center controls look a little weird with the trapezoid shape. I like the center console area though, they definitely took a page from the RX8, not sure if it stretches all the way to the back though. I'm also wondering if it'll be a decent arm rest or not.

JJMPB 11-18-2008 03:10 PM

who knows if any of these car companies will even be around in 2010 never mind 2011

lear4406 11-18-2008 03:38 PM

I like it. But who does their wheels. They always look horrible. I like the Cobra-Rs but other than that the wheels are terrible.

Riptide 11-18-2008 09:25 PM

http://jalopnik.com/5092587/2010-for...-unveiled-live

BUDMAN 11-19-2008 06:13 AM

In a live shot on Speed the drfter guy was asked how he liked the new stang changes and he did not have a thing to say after a dead spell he said well they changed the lines on the car HUMMMMM he was impressed

Riptide 11-19-2008 06:34 AM

Yep just a minor refresh overall. They took the current car and gave it a bit more modern look while still maintaining some of the "retro" qualities.

On the bright side my resale value may not take the dive it was headed for next year. ;)

Albeeno 11-19-2008 09:55 AM

2010 Mustang major changes:

Exterior Changes
Distinct Grilles and Fascias Unique to V6 & GT
Dome Hood, Fenders, Quarter and Door Panels
Headlamps Styling with integrated Park/Turn Lamps
Sideview mirrors
Swept Beltline Profile, Rear Quarter Window Trim
Rear Fascia, Decklid & Sequential LED Tail Lamps
Rear Quarter Mounted Radio Mast Antenna
LED Illuminated CHMSL
Lip Style Decklid Spoiler (GT)
Cloth Convertible Top with Boot Cover (Standard on GT Premium Convertible)
New 17", 18"& 19" Cast Aluminum Wheel Line-up
New Exterior Color Changes

Red Candy Metallic with Tinted Clearcoat
Grabber Blue
Kona Blue Metallic
Sunset Gold Metallic
New Interior Changes

One piece soft instrument panel
Modernized Center Stack I/P
Compass and Outside Tempature in Center Display
Center Floor console with Lockale Storage
Door Trim Panels
Ice Blue Lit Instrumentation
Seat Trim & Sew Pattern & Styling
Increased Seat Bolstering
Map Pocket on Rear of Driver & Passenger Seat
Interior Trunk Release
Covered Cup Holders
New Functional Equipment Changes

4.6L V8 engine with cold air induction along with Bullitt powertrain improvements on GT (315 horsepower with 320 ft-lbs of torque)
Auto Headlamp on all GT and V6 Pony Package
AdvanceTrac Electronic Stability Control (ESC) standard on all series
Easy Fuel Capless Fuel Fill on all models
Event Data Recorder (Black Box)
SOS Post Crash Alert System (Activates when Airbags deploy, Emergency flashers turn on, Engages horn and Doors unlock for quick exiting)
New Option Changes

SYNC Voice-activated Communication and Entertainment System with 911 assist and vehicle health report (Standard on V6 Premium and GT Premium)
19" Machined Aluminum Wheel (64X) mounted on P245/45WRx19 A/S tires available on GT Premium
19" Polished Aluminum Wheel (64V) mounted on P245/45WRx19 A/S tires available on GT Premium
Rear View Camera (77C), rear decklid spoiler mounted, available on GT Premium, V6 Pony Package (202A) or V6
Sport Exterior Package (201A)
HID Head lamps (51H) (Late Availability)
New Package Changes

Electronic Package - (58X) - (Availalbe on V6 Premium & GT Premium)

Includes:

Voice Activated Navigation System - In-Dash Screen & Single DVD/CD/MP3 Player, DVD Audio/Video Capability, Interanal Hard Disk Drive for Map, POI Storage, 10GB Jukebox, Support for SYNC & Other Multi-Media Devices (Audio Input Jack)
Includes 6-month SIRIUS Travel Link Pre-Paid Subsricption (service not availalbe in AK & HI)
Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control
V6 Pony Package (202A)

Includes:

Unique bright pony grille with satin corral
Front lower fascia mounted fog lamps
Pony front fender badges
Lower door tape stripe, available in black and white
18" polished cast aluminum wheel, Tri-bar Pony center cap
P235/50WRx18 BSW A/S tires
Automatic headlamps
Premium carpeted front floor mats with embroidered Tri-bar Pony logo
Rear Deck Spoiler
Body color Exterior mirror
Unique chrome exhaust tip
3.73 Rear Axle Package (67T) - (Optional on GT coupe arrays with 5-speed, not available with Glass roof, not available with Shaker 1000)

Includes:

Performance 3.73 axle ratio
Dual piston frot calipers with performane brake pads
Recalibrated Electronic Stability Control (ESC)

RoswellGrey 11-19-2008 10:34 AM

I'm disappointed, Albeeno. I thought you'd be sporting a new Mustang pic for us. I already know what the Challenger looks like. ;)

Albeeno 11-19-2008 11:02 AM

:D

I could do it if you really want me to, but I don't want Paladin and/or Mopar2ya to come lookin for me! How about this - I just attach a few pics (just this once), but NOT in my signature and we never mention The Original, Uninterrupted Pony Car ever again? That way I won't be overdoing it everytime I make a post.

Since you are dying to know my thoughts on the new Mustang let me bloviate for just a moment: I want to go on the record as saying that I prefer the exterior of my `05 GT to the `10 model's. The interior however seems to be a bit more refined/upgraded from mine...and I have the optional interior color accent and interior upgrade packages. Just to fire one little shot across the bow - the Challenger's interior shouldn't even be compared to the new Mustang's interior. Hey, I'm just sayin'...

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ustang2010.jpg[/IMG]

RoswellGrey 11-19-2008 11:13 AM

Fine pics, Albeeno. I knew you wouldn't let us down. :D

As I said before, I like the 2010 Mustang. On the Mustang evolutionary scale, it looks more like the next logical progression from the 1999-2004 body shell (of that group, I have a 2000) than did the 05-09 body.

Had the Challenger not been reintroduced, I'd have gotten another Mustang and my fleet would consist of two of them instead of one Challenger and one Mustang. I would never even consider a Camaro. ;)

Albeeno 11-19-2008 11:25 AM

Roswell, I never knew you were a Mustang owner! It's nice to see a few others out there who have an appreciation for both the Challenger and the Mustang. Last week I ALMOST pulled the trigger on a black `09 R/T. It was the "F" package but, it had the 6-spd and the 20 in. chrome clad wheels. The sticker was $33K+ and they even offered to knock $600 bucks off for me. I reluctantly decided to hold out. As soon as I can order the "M" / RT Classic package in B5 Blue, I'm 99% sure I am gonna do it. Provided it's somewhere in the $35K ballpark. Anything north of that and I might as well go with the SRT8, right?

RoswellGrey 11-19-2008 11:46 AM

Beyond $35K, definitely.

Oh, Albeeno, it seems we're not alone in appreciating both the Challenger and the Mustang!

[IMG]local://upfiles/148/C3E21F469C0E4B25BF60B661D6DC10CD.jpg[/IMG]

mot250 11-19-2008 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Oh, Albeeno, it seems we're not alone in appreciating both the Challenger and the Mustang!

[IMG]local://upfiles/148/C3E21F469C0E4B25BF60B661D6DC10CD.jpg[/IMG]
Personally, I think the exterior styling missed the mark for the 2010 Mustang. The body seems confused between being well sculpted with hard lines and smoothed over rounded areas that just interupt each other. Most people who hated the 94 restyle disliked it for it's roundness and huge rear end. Things got better in 99 when it got more chissled (and more power).

Without changing the chassis, this body could only get fatter to change the exterior, and that it did with reckless abondon. I don't see how anyone can say it looks leaner. Maybe with some vertical stripes ???

And, no, you are not alone...

[IMG]http://images.streetfire.net/photos/.../1482060_m.jpg/n100_5229.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://images.streetfire.net/photos/.../1482063_m.jpg/nchallenger mustang and galaxie[/IMG]

mot250 11-19-2008 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

:D

I could do it if you really want me to, but I don't want Paladin and/or Mopar2ya to come lookin for me! How about this - I just attach a few pics (just this once), but NOT in my signature and we never mention The Original, Uninterrupted Pony Car ever again? That way I won't be overdoing it everytime I make a post.

I've got more Ford blood in me than Mopar but I always heard the "Cuda" was actually the first pony car as defined by the long hood, short deck description. It was the Mustang, however, that made that style popular and thus it tends to be called the "original" pony car more often than not.

JJMPB 11-19-2008 01:31 PM

is the weight of the new mustang about the same?

mot250 11-19-2008 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: JJMPB

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think it is to be a little heavier than the 05-09 models, but not much.

Urlosingbd 11-20-2008 05:34 AM

If I remember right, no more than 50lbs added.

ORIGINAL: mot250

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think it is to be a little heavier than the 05-09 models, but not much.

Albeeno 11-20-2008 08:45 AM

Curb weight on the `10 appears to be roughly 3,533 lbs., compared to 3,450 for a 5-spd `05-`09.

http://www.rsportscars.com/ford/2010-ford-mustang/

ORIGINAL: Urlosingbd

If I remember right, no more than 50lbs added.

ORIGINAL: mot250

RLSH700 11-20-2008 12:14 PM

It looks a bit better but not my taste. It would be a wise idea for Ford to loose the 4.0L. That engine does not have a good reputation, it does not get good gas mileage, it is not going to be competitive with the upcoming models if the Challenger gets a Phoenix engine. Ford needs to switch in either the 3.5L or 3.7L Cyclone V6 engine. Those are far more powerful, more fuel efficient, and far more impressive. Ford should consider keeping the 4.6L in the GT and featuring the 5.0L in a new model (perhaps a Mach1 or Boss model).

Carbon 11-24-2008 11:06 AM

I just saw the 2010 Mustang the other day......
Looks like ASS!....
well, the good news is we have the very last true muscle car that will ever built in the Chally cuz the Camaro also looks like a futuristic chick car like the new mustang.
Viva Challenger!

BLK 6050 11-24-2008 11:21 AM

Most would agree that the Challenger is the best of the three when it comes to a true retro look.....

Riptide 11-24-2008 01:17 PM

This is coming from a mustang owner and yes I agree. At least on the exterior. I think the mustang does have the best retro interior anyway, or at least better than the Challenger.

Albeeno 11-25-2008 03:57 AM

I dunno...I think they all look pretty sweet. The Camaro however, is more modern/contemporary than the others. I have to hand it to GM though...while going down the toilet they had the stones to design something a little different than the competition, while still fitting nicely into the segment. Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if it absolutely blew the doors off the Mustang AND the Challenger... I just don't see it arriving so late to the party only to be the slowest. With a Corvette motor (LS3) it obviously means business.

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

Most would agree that the Challenger is the best of the three when it comes to a true retro look.....

BLK 6050 11-25-2008 04:48 AM

I just don't see it arriving so late to the party only to be the slowest. With a Corvette motor (LS3) it obviously means business.
When the 70 Challenger came out, it was the last to enter the fight, and it came with the biggest gun...the 426 Hemi. I wouldn't expect Chevy, not to do the same thing after getting the opportunity to look over what Chrysler and Ford had to offer...We will see what they can do in light of their present financial problems...the bean counters (and the Government) may have a thing or two to say about which way the Camaro goes....hope not, but that's today's real world. A really hot Camaro could just help get the Challenger it's 6.4 Hemi....competition helps to improve the breed...Let's hope the second "pony war" is on, should be fun...

TRW762X51mm 11-25-2008 07:06 PM

I agree with Carbon.

What Chevy should of done is brought back the 68-69 Camaro body and put 600 super-horses underneath and Ford should of made the 70's Mach 1 body (come'on Ford update that body already) and put 600 super-horses. [:@] [8D]

lear4406 11-25-2008 08:39 PM

I for one want to see the best Camaro and Mustang they can get. I hope to tangle with a few before this all goes back to the mediocr. This is the last hoorah, the last curtain call. No matter bail out or bankrupt the fat lady will sing. Sorry, the grossly obese female will yodel:D The cars that will replace it will be better on fuel and not so much fun to drive at the start. More than likely get better with time. And the weight of that Mustang... what a PIG:D Where have we heard that before;)

iwantmyT/A 11-29-2008 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

I just don't see it arriving so late to the party only to be the slowest. With a Corvette motor (LS3) it obviously means business.
When the 70 Challenger came out, it was the last to enter the fight, and it came with the biggest gun...the 426 Hemi. I wouldn't expect Chevy, not to do the same thing after getting the opportunity to look over what Chrysler and Ford had to offer...We will see what they can do in light of their present financial problems...the bean counters (and the Government) may have a thing or two to say about which way the Camaro goes....hope not, but that's today's real world. A really hot Camaro could just help get the Challenger it's 6.4 Hemi....competition helps to improve the breed...Let's hope the second "pony war" is on, should be fun...
I agree there. If the goverment goes the bailout route they'll most likely ban the production of gas guzzling vehicles. as there is no way public money should be used to further harm our planet. I just realized my next car may be electric! lol;)