Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

3 of 3 Mopar in Motown

Old 12-24-2009, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 of 3 Mopar in Motown

A few years ago I set up an event here in Detroit for retro Thunderbird owners. I've pitched the idea here on the forum several times and there have been no takers.

With Chrysler having interest in building relationship with owners, and recognizing from Scott's feedback, the value of face to face meetings with designers, engineers, SRT team and marketing, maybe the time is right for Challenger event.

here's my idea:
Summer 2010 (actual date to be determined)

Wednesday arrival, meet and greet, car wash and detailing, dinner and stay at hotel near Chrysler headquarters in Auiburn Hills MI.

Thursday Morning: visit Walter P Chrysler Museum on grounds of Chrysler Tech Center
Thursday afternoon lunch and tour at Meadowbrook Mansion nearby
Thursday night dinner at Rainforest Cafe nearby

Friday Morning: Meet and greet at Chrysler headquarters with Challenger program staff, maybe presentations, Q & A, tour some of facility
Friday afternoon: (maybe) tour Sterling Heigths MI assembly plant...or...cross town to tour Edsel and Eleanour Ford Mansion on way to Dearborn MI (move to different hotel)

Saturday: Tour Greenfield Village (The Henry Ford museum and complex) and Rouge Truck assembly plant tour. Dinner and goodbyes

Sunday optional: Fairlane Mansion (Henry Ford home) and Automotive Hall of Fame.

Cost: 4 nights lodging (plus your travel to and from), tank of gas, admissions, meals, share cost of goodie bag, night time security guard for cars

I really need feedback and idea of commitment.

Would the California Crew (Andre Edge and Chally girl), make the trip?

Steve Legel
sclegel@comcast.net
Old 12-28-2009, 02:56 AM

Hey guys, not one feedback of interest in a Motown event? Only 14 views of the thread?

Where are all the regulars on the forum? andre Edge, Chally girl, the rest?

No interest in a motown event?
Steve
Old 12-29-2009, 02:19 AM

Hey Steve, This sounds like a neat event. I am interested. Would this be a Challenger [new and old] only event or open to anyone who admires anything Mopar? I can see advantages to having it either way.

Thanks
Bob
Old 12-31-2009, 02:41 PM

Bob, I am only determining level of interest. You are welcome regardless of your ride. The theme however, is to promote a Challenger presence.

Thanks for responding.
Steve
Old 01-02-2010, 02:39 AM

Thanks Steve, The reason why I am asking is because I belong to the Indy Mopar Club. Every meeting we do a "event" update. If this event is open to all, I will mention it at this months meeting and see if I get any interest. We have been talking about a club trip other than the Mopar Nationals. Have you thought about having this in conjunction with the Woodward dream cruise?

Bob
Old 01-02-2010, 04:23 AM

Woodward Dream Cruise is REALLY big. It could be done, hotel rates near Woodward skyrocket etc. But reasonable rates can be found away from the epicenter. Even if I don't do a big event here, I could help you with local arrangements for your group to come and "do" Woodward Dream Cruise.
When are Mopar Nats in Indianapolis?