Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

ADVERTISE the unknown "soldier"

Old 02-04-2009, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADVERTISE the unknown "soldier"

I pulled up to a gas station to fill up and the older attendant says "WOW I haven t seen one of these in years. What year is this?" I replied "an 09" he said Huh? They remade this?" I nodded and he looked the car over top to bottom and commented how nice it was.
I went to the store the other day and a young guy commented on the "old Car" in the Dodge commercial during the super bowl and someone else said it was an old Charger. WHAT?! Mine was parked around the corner so I told him to go take a look and check out the grill lol.
I sat out front of my daughters school and one of the other parents commented "Nice Mustang!" Thanx and that BMW is a fine Pinto.
Dodge needs to advertise more or pay us to drive around and tell the tales of the unknown "soldier"
Old 02-04-2009, 05:39 PM

Default RE: ADVERTISE the unknown "soldier"

Dodge put it into one of their Employee Pricing commercials. Other than that. I've seen nothin' The commercial wasn't that great either. Just a few shots of the Dodge lineup driving down a road.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:44 PM

I had the same, gassing upo last week, guy yells across the pump island, "hey what year is that... 70, 72?? I looked kinda stunded replied back it was an 09' he laughs and says dude you don't know what year your car is? is that even your car.... I said yes , this is my ride, and it is an 09'.... the guy comes over and I said ... "what Challenger do you know in the 70's had a plastic dash..." he felt stupid and ackward, and comments that he wasn't aware Dodge made a retro car.... the guy filling up behind me started laughing.... the guy starts to walk away and turn s to me and says I'll trade you vehicles....... I didn't even respond and noted he was driving a white dodge dakota (new) that was already smucked up and sportin the Dixie flag in teh window...... just shy of the much needed gun rack, mullet and wife beater shirt.....
Old 02-06-2009, 03:53 AM

I took my mom shopping for her birthday and while we were walking from the parking lot to the Dick's Sporting Goods store (I have a very cool Mom) we are approached by 2 younger guys who are grinning and pointing at the Challenger. They are full of priase for the car and one offers to trade cars with me. I just sort of laugh it off as they pass. They get to their car and it is an '09 BMW M3 which still has the drive-out plates on it!! I'm a Bimmer fan, too, and the new M class 3 series is BAD A$$. I yelled out to him that maybe we could work out a week end swap.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:42 AM

Swap an M3 for the Challenger? Man I hope your joking! No one will give you the looks like they do in the Challenger. All the Beemers tend to look alike (except the Z8). Maybe swap for a Mint 70 Hemi Ragtop in Plum Crazy!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:55 AM

I hear ya, but the driving experience is the main draw. Imagine if the Challenger weighed 400lbs less, red-lined at 8400 rpm. Now add to that the handling of a go-kart. I only wanted to trade for a weekend

If it was for an original HEMI car a weekend wouldn't be near long enough!!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:19 AM

I've had Beemer guys say, I'll trade you. I of course respond with, not in this life time.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:17 AM

I ve had many offers to trade. The best was a gentleman who caught me off guard at Wawa(convenience store) and offered me to trade keys and pulled out a key ring with several dozen keys. He shot his head over to some beat up 80s Ford F150 and said "you can have that, my work vans, my tools, my house and my wife". I think he was actually somewhat serious lol