Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Another reason to get Manual tranny

Old 02-05-2008, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another reason to get Manual tranny

Another reason to get Manual tranny

Carjacker Politely Changes Mind When He Sees Car Is Stick-Shift

SAN DIEGO - San Diego police are looking for a carjacker who politely changed his mind when he saw that the car he was about to steal in Clairemont had a stick shift, authorities said. The attempted carjacking in the 6100 block of Charing Street was reported at 8:22 p.m. Monday, said San Diego police Sgt. Bob Dare. A man with a gun approached a couple who had just parked their vehicle and demanded they hand over the keys, a purse, cell phone and other valuables, Dare said. But when he saw that the car had a manual transmission, the would-be car thief said, "Sorry, have a nice day" and took off, Dare said. The thief did, however, keep the phone and the other valuables.

The suspect is described as Black, in his 20s, around 6 feet 2, of thin build, last seen wearing a long pea coat.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Another reason to get Manual tranny

See, that's what's wrong with thugs these days. He should have at gun point requested lessons on the operation of a manual transmission. They just don't have any initiative these days.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Ironic, I remember when people used to say that you should avoid getting a manual because they were easier to steal, now thanks to our nation's laziness theives can't steal cars with manuals anymore. Thank God for our laziness.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Being impoverished in my early automotive life, I had to have manual, because many times a battery was too expensive for periods of time (check to check). I became quite adept at parking logistics (find enough of a hill to park on and I became master of the roll start). Worse case scenario, I would find a perfectly flat spot and push roll it jump in pop the clutch.

Ah, youth......

Old 02-05-2008, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Being impoverished in my early automotive life, I had to have manual, because many times a battery was too expensive for periods of time (check to check). I became quite adept at parking logistics (find enough of a hill to park on and I became master of the roll start). Worse case scenario, I would find a perfectly flat spot and push roll it jump in pop the clutch.

Ah, youth......
That's another good reason that I didn't even think of. I've always found that its the time that I need help the most when there isn't any there to give you a hand. If you were the last person in a parking lot at night, you simply wouldn't be able to get a jump and would be up a creek. There are lots of reasons why to prefer manuals if you ask me.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-05-2008, 02:08 PM

Very good point, I am favoring manual as well, since there isnt any manual hemi cars as of yet that I know of, does anyone know how well or easy the clutch is? Im not a young kid anymore and I am concerned with wearing out my left knee, Then again it looks as if the challenger will cost an arm and a leg anyways so ill give em my left leg and right arm.. lol.....
just joking, I dream of banging off a sixer getting on the freeway (when there is room)...
Old 02-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

You can drive like they do up in beantown; way I remember it, some of'em use the median (not the break down lane or paved part neither)!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:04 PM

Oh jeez.. well, I've never heard of a smart criminal.[&:]
Old 02-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

See, that's what's wrong with thugs these days. He should have at gun point requested lessons on the operation of a manual transmission. They just don't have any initiative these days.

Now that is funny!

That is kind of like many of the survivors of Katrina......no initiative.

Not even enough gumption to steal a manual car.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Administrator

a friend of mine installed a small LED that shines directly onto the shifter of his manual transmission car, and he says that its the best anti-theft device that you can get...

Quick Reply: Another reason to get Manual tranny