Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Besides cars, what is your favorite hobby?

Old 01-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Besides cars, what is your favorite hobby?

ORIGINAL: JohnnyDodge

Looks like an Airforce PCP Condor air rifle................
Very good but try a Talon SS.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Well, here is my list:
1. Discussion Forums: I obviously like to post and discuss with people about my ideas on various topics.
2. Book Writing: I have been working on a few novels as well as a few factual books.
3. Exercising: I don't do much hard core stuff partly due to problems I have with my joints and digestive tract, but I enjoy going for a good 4 mile or more walk and swimming for a while as well as lifting weights.
4. Singing: I'm not a professional by anymeans, but I am a long leader at my church and I enjoy singing. I have been in choirs and other groups. I also enjoy karaoke and I'm actually pretty good at it.
5. Reading up on Politics: As this is a topic I prefer to avoid to maintain the peace on here, I'll just leave this at this is the one topic my father and I are able to use to help us get along better as we see eye-to-eye on the issues.
6. Discussing history: this is another issue my father and I use to help us get along better. My father has tons upon tons of history books and always has something interesting to tell me.
7. Researching business structure: I enjoy looking at different industries that are fast paced like the automobile industry and figure out who is on the right track and who is on the wrong track.

I've got other ones, but they are escaping me right now.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 AM

What's odd is what my wife and I have been going through this week. For the past seven years, we've been caring for my father, who had spinal stenosis, a degenerative condition of the spinal column that cost him the use of his legs in 2001. He died this past Sunday afternoon. In all those years, the two of us weren't both gone from the house at the same time for longer than four hours. In fact, aside from two trips of less than three days each that I had to make back home to Iowa to take care of stuff that couldn't be handled any other way, neither of us has even been farther than a half-hour's travel time from our house in seven years. We've hardly even been to any movies in theaters (the last time we went was to see the remake of King Kong). We've had no time for hobbies, as it's a fairly major undertaking to have someone who's basically dependent on you (and unlike a child, you can't tell an adult with all their wits intact to quit whining or give them some vague answer so they go away and leave you alone). My wife and I used to do a lot of jigsaw puzzles together, and shortly before all this started, we were playing with a Sims game we had on our old computer. I guess now we'll have time to start doing stuff for ourselves again.

One other thing: My dad always liked my '70 Challenger and was real interested in the new one. I'm sorry he didn't get to see it.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:40 AM

My condolences... Peace be with you and yours...
Old 01-19-2008, 05:51 PM

Sorry to hear about that, Roswell my mom just lost her dad yesterday, he was 92 years old.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

RoswellGrey and Joeyr and I am sorry to hear about the passing of your loved ones. While we should always be spiritually prepared for when it is our time,
I like this passage from this passage in the bible:

John 10:10 NIV The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Peace be with you and your families at this time.

I think I mentioned before that I lost my uncle who I grew up with across the street a week after Christmas. He was a great Christian man who loved God, his wife and his family and was a great example for all of us to follow.

His favorite movie of all time was "Its a wonderful life" with Jimmy Stewart. My Uncle certainly impacted many lives.

He was the 3rd child of 6 and the only one to ever die of cancer on that side of the family. We guess because of industrial chemical exposure.

He was only 65 years old.

But he won the marathon race that we all run and he has beat us to heaven and is with the Lord and in no pain. That is awesome and I will see him again and that is awesome too.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:21 AM

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to my 13-year old son's basketball, soccer and track meets/games and watching NFL football. E-A-G-L-E-S...EAGLES!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:23 AM

My great granpa is 93-95 and still going strong.

my and i had a friend that died in a avalanche while highmarking on a snowmobile.
there is an area that is good for snowmobiling out east of our house called Bone. it is out by the cemetary that he is burried at. whenever we are going snowmobilling we crack the car window to "let him in".
and i know when i'm in a hairy spot going through the tree's he's righ in front of me showing me the me the way on his old 97' Polaris RMK 700.

He gave me my first snowmobile.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear about your losses RoswellGrey, Joeyr, and tdub2112. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Besides cars, what is your favorite hobby?