Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Best trip!

Old 02-03-2010, 04:35 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Best trip!

I was wondering what was your best trip you have had with your new Challenger.

Honestlly I don't have one yet. In March we will have had our R/T for a year and we only have 1400 miles on it. Although it's been sleeping since October when we got our first snow. Up here we only get around 4-5 good months for cars. I will admit I'm still in the over protective mother mode!!

Please chime in, this should be interesting.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:36 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RareTA View Post
I was wondering what was your best trip you have had with your new Challenger.

Honestlly I don't have one yet. In March we will have had our R/T for a year and we only have 1400 miles on it. Although it's been sleeping since October when we got our first snow. Up here we only get around 4-5 good months for cars. I will admit I'm still in the over protective mother mode!!

Please chime in, this should be interesting.
LOLOLOLOL yours sounds like mine, bought it last April only been out 3 times since october with the last 2 just to go around the block a few times and install the new tires and wheels i bought. had to get the registration out to make a copy for my personal plates i ordered and happened to look at the ODO---- exactly 1555.5
curse you crappy weather!!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:48 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

^ I've had mine for 4mos more milage than the 2 of you guys combined, but mine is a daily driver, and the biggest trip was to Edmonton x2 , getting geared up for it's big trip to California for springfest in March!!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:24 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I promised the wife we would take it on a trip some ware this coming summer. I see no reason to preserve it for 20 years when we can enjoy it now. I probably won't even make another 20 years anyway. That would make me 75 if that happened. The biggest problem with that is we are taking the T/A to Carlisle for the 40Th reunion in July so that will blow our vacation fund I'm sure.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:05 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

eh, my philisopohy is that they don't make cars like they did back in eth 50-60's, and because there are 100,000's of them, they don't really hold a REAL true $$ value like the oldies when there only 2-500 of a car, not 200,000. SO drive it, drive it everyday, afterall it's just a car, a pretty one at that, but it's meant to be driven,
Old 02-03-2010, 06:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have had mine almost a year now. Just got back from a Xmas trip to Daytona. That was almost a 3k mile trip. Now have 7k on it. Just cruised on down the highway at 75. Got pissed off because a car wouldnt pass a semi who was loosing ice off his roof. Finally the car moved it on and I pressed it down to 100 real fast. I didnt realize it until my 10yr old said wow Dad! Then after we got home I ran across an article where the exact same thing happened to a guy and wnt through his winshield and messed him up pretty good. I had to show it to my wife since she thought I was being stupid....
Old 02-04-2010, 07:52 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Best trip

Last year my wife, myself and my trailered HD Sportster went from Philly to the Smokie moutains in NC and Tenn. Great trip, great scenery, and the great pumpkin performed flawlessly up and down the mountains.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:08 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenmer31 View Post
Last year my wife, myself and my trailered HD Sportster went from Philly to the Smokie moutains in NC and Tenn. Great trip, great scenery, and the great pumpkin performed flawlessly up and down the mountains.

PHILLY???? central NJ here. ready for the BIG snow saturday?
at this rate i wont have mine out again until end of march.
it seems that everytime the salt gets washed away another
stomr happens and they load up the roads again.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:47 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We've had ours for three weeks now, the wife said it just went over the 1100 mark yesterday, she drives it every day to work (about 50 miles round trip), I think I've put maybe 50 miles on it. So far it looks like it's getting between 21 and 22 mpg on the daily drive, saw a little over 25 on the highway trip bringing it home.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:39 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 73sixpack View Post
We've had ours for three weeks now, the wife said it just went over the 1100 mark yesterday, she drives it every day to work (about 50 miles round trip), I think I've put maybe 50 miles on it. So far it looks like it's getting between 21 and 22 mpg on the daily drive, saw a little over 25 on the highway trip bringing it home.

Hay 73sixpack,

Where in SD are you from. I live in Fargo now but I grew up in Britton. We go to the Midwest Mopars show every year in Sioux Falls. Maybe I've met you before. We generally take the T/A down there. Anyway great to see you here!!!!

Quick Reply: Best trip!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: