Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Is buying a dodge challenger worth the money???

Old 06-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is buying a dodge challenger worth the money???

Andrew, if someone is willing to pay the money for anything, than there in lies the answer. It's not so enigmatic.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

The only thing worth money in this day and age is extra large mugs with snowmans painted on them. They are wonderful for hot chocolate. However, I was dissapointed to find out that these snowman mugs will not fit in the dodge challenger cupholders. I am now considering a honda pilot instead. I hear it has magnificent cupholders. I will also consider using a new type of mug but it will be a difficult switch.

Have you ever used a mug andrew? They are fantastic! I will answer more questions about them if you're interested.

XOXO
Hahahahahahaha

Old 07-01-2008, 05:46 AM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya
How old are you andrew?
Maybe therein lies the answer...
I believe youre right. I think we have a young person who,s experiencing his first foray into the forums.
While I don,t want to stifle any youthful exuberance, it,s much easier to give an appropriate response to andrew,s questions knowing his age and intent in being a member.
If andrew is genuinely interested in the Challenger, I,d like to cultivate his passion for the car that we,re all in here to share thoughts and info on.
If andrew is just killing time by throwing out questions that have painfully obvious answers - at least in this forum - I,d rather not waste my time.

To be succinct (and at the risk of sounding terse) andrew, how old are you and why are you a member of dodgechallenger.com forums?
Do you like the car and hope to get one?
Tell us a little bit about yourself and we,ll help you out any way we can.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:28 AM

I like the cup holder thing..... I mean I heard about those on the GOAT's too man it's hard to still like this car[]
Old 07-01-2008, 10:50 AM

is it worth it ? to much of a philos. quere.

I say for $42 K OTD .. now way. Ill take a 135i , a new STI or EVO X and clean the clock of a SRT in a flat out drag race, road course, brakes or my favorite, playing following the leader using rush hour traffic as a moving high speed chicane.

I can say the same in ref to my own cars (I have a 06 STI as well)
Is my M3 worth $74 K or my M5 worth $ 92K HELL NO !!!!

It comes down to the the ego vs the id conflict and the decision almost always comes down to the id because as my wife loves to say
"its not what I need its what I want
Thought processes like car purchases can very opaque in our minds thusly making them seem translucent and viable but in the end the car begins to feel just like any other car, especially if used daily, and the worth can decrease in your cognicence thought.

The SRT Chally woule be a great buy at $32K along w/ a 500 ln diet. However that will not happen
Old 07-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

or my favorite, playing following the leader using rush hour traffic as a moving high speed chicane.
I would say that adequately tempers the rest of your wisdom and people should take this into consideration when evaluating your advice.

I would postulate the question: "Is your advice worth it?"

Even though it's free, I'd have to say no.

I'll give props to the EVO and STI, but to get one, you've just got another go fast box on wheels w/ little else going for it.

Challenger has pedigree and heritage.

Your entitled to your opinion, but personally , I find it certainly is rife with an air of arrogance and self importance.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: DSkippy

I would say that adequately tempers the rest of your wisdom and people should take this into consideration when evaluating your advice.

I'll give props to the EVO and STI, but to get one, you've just got another go fast box on wheels w/ little else going for it.

Your entitled to your opinion, but personally , I find it certainly is rife with an air of arrogance and self importance.

Wrong my friend, the Challenger has ZERO pedigree. It may have heritage yes, but thats it. That was about killed when the 1983 Challenger came out by Mitsubishi.

If you want pedigree, I would say a Bently Brooklands would easily fit the bill on that one. However at $400K I dont think that will be sitting in your carport anytime soon.

I actually LOL when I read the pedigree thing haha.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:28 PM

I say to that opinions are like ********, everyone has one. Mine has a pedigree and I'll show it too you if you like.

ORIGINAL: G ///Money

ORIGINAL: DSkippy

Wrong my friend, the Challenger has ZERO pedigree. It may have heritage yes, but thats it. That was about killed when the 1983 Challenger came out by Mitsubishi.

If you want pedigree, I would say a Bently Brooklands would easily fit the bill on that one. However at $400K I dont think that will be sitting in your carport anytime soon.

I actually LOL when I read the pedigree thing haha.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:58 PM

LOL Paladin, but please do not show it on the forum,
Steve
Old 07-03-2008, 05:13 PM

Love the S/N. I take it you are a retired Arty man ??

Quick Reply: Is buying a dodge challenger worth the money???