Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Camaro- The Hot Car?

Old 07-17-2007, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camaro- The Hot Car?

The following article appeared in autospies.com about the Camaro that was featured in the Transformers movie:

"After seeing the movie transformers and drueling over that gorgeous yellow Camaro, I kept saying to myself how nice it looks and that I thought it looks a thousand times better than the Corvette.

The Camaro looks modern, fresh and youthful whereas the Corvette...DARE I say it and piss off half of middle America?

I can't help it, I just have to...

THE CORVETTE IS AN OLD MAN'S CAR!!!!!

The exterior design is generic and raw and even the new 2008 interior looks like ASS!

Give me a new style Camaro Z28 with a Powerdome like on the new M3 and the old Trans Am's over the Corvette anyday!

Ok, I've said it...Am I right?

Or have I started world war three?:

See: autospies.com (for photo of car).

Old 07-17-2007, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Camaro- The Hot Car?

I will admit the camaro looked MUCH BETTER in the movie than on pics. And if the challenger is overpriced it might be a viable option for many.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:38 PM

Not this old man. No Fords and No Chevy's.

ORIGINAL: joeyr

I will admit the camaro looked MUCH BETTER in the movie than on pics. And if the challenger is overpriced it might be a viable option for many.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:30 PM

I'm with you - no Ford or Chevy. If for some reason the Challenger is out of reach, I guess I will just "reMagnumtize" up to the Magnum SRT8....
Old 07-18-2007, 04:58 AM

I'm not really a Corvette man, but when a current Z06 pulls up beside me, I can't keep my eyes off it. It is definately one gorgeous piece of equipment, problem is , is that it's the old guys that can afford them. Saw the convertable Camaro in Detroit, it was a pretty sweet lookin ride, but I'm a Challenger fan all the way and I to will not be raked by paying some ridiculous price for it The up coming 2-3 years will be very interesting in the muscle car sector of the industry. Cheers.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:02 AM

After seeing the movie, (which was much better than I expected by the way, and I would highly recommend it), that Camaro is looking more and more like a viable Challenger alternative, especially if they muck up the Challenger for production or completely blow it on the pricing.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:03 AM

I am envious that GM is marketing the heck out of Camaro & we are relegated to getting geeked up over spy photos. I want to see them get out there & show Challenger off.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:08 AM

ORIGINAL: awsure

I am envious that GM is marketing the heck out of Camaro & we are relegated to getting geeked up over spy photos. I want to see them get out there & show Challenger off.

They are still bringing it to the major shows- it was in Carlisle, and unlike last year when it was roped off and on a pedestal 25 feet away, it was very close to the aisles this year. Took several pics of it.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:17 PM

That's a far cry from having it showcased in a movie. Let's face it. Camaro & Mustang get publicity because GM & Ford are marketing them. The Challenger has had a couple articles and, yes, the concept is making the rounds at the shows. I am tired of grass roots excitement even though Challenger has that going for it. I want to see it in movies, on TV, and in print.

Most of all I want to see it in my driveway.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

The movie photos looked better than the other photos, but I saw one in person and hated it even more than the photos. The interior makes me even more sick to be honest. I simply don't like it. I'm not a Vette fan either. I simply can't find anything in Chevrolet's line than is attractive. I don't like Chevys. If I didn't have my concerns about Ford's engines, I might be tempted by a Mustang since I can get a nice discount on one due to my uncle's employee discount. The Challenger is the only one I'm considering.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Camaro- The Hot Car?