Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Camaro vs Mustang

Old 04-20-2006, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro vs Mustang

Travel on over to www.motortrend.com and see the computer simulation of these two cars head to head. MT puts the new concept Camaro ahead from the V6 to the big V8 models.

Interesting! Hey where is my Hemi Challenger
Old 04-20-2006, 09:02 AM

Default RE: Camaro vs Mustang

I think their just waiting on more information on the challenger's engineoptions
Old 04-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

When I was watching this a couple of weeks ago I was wondering the same thing. Why did they pick the Camaro instead of the Challenger.

I guess maybe market perception.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Administrator

its because dodge has to be secretive about what is coming out...which is what i dont understand.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

I agree but the Camaro is even farther out and should even be more secretive.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Administrator

true, but bob lutz has already stated, (i believe officially) that the camaro will have a variety of engines, and will be a full scale production model.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:12 AM

GM is in big trouble. They would say or do almost anything to hang onto what customers they have left. Try as they might, they can smell the end. Their #1 status is going to end and it's a matter of how, it's a matter when. We all know the who.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

What is interesting about the simulation, is the Camaro must win everytime because it has less body roll and hugs the ground better but the Mustang
is close even though it is 300 lbs more.

Of course, this is all assuming the simulations are correct......which is a big assumption.

I would like to see the simulations with the Challenger.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

I read that article and I believe MT is making some pretty big assumptions about the gearing. They have rear-axle gearing in the very high 3s for the Camaro. GM doesn't do this. They tend to hang around the lower to middle 3s. I think MT needs to do a better job of guessing at what GM will really offer. I find it hard to believe that GM would actually offer the 6.2L VVT V8 in the Z28 while only offering the 6.0L in the Corvette base model (which will be priced higher). I doubt they will offer the 7.0L LS7 in the SS model with the same output. It would take customers away from the Z06. MT was projecting acceleration numbers that are simply too fast for the Camaro and the upcoming models of the Mustang. They have lost almost all of their credibility with me.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-27-2006, 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

When I was watching this a couple of weeks ago I was wondering the same thing. Why did they pick the Camaro instead of the Challenger.
It's the classic match up. Readers want to read about the classic muscle car battle. The classic battle is Ford's Mustang vs. Chevy's Camaro. Spend any time at the track? MT can't help it if Dodge hasn't had a dog in that fight for quite sometime. When Dodge builds it, that should change. I have a feeling a few Challengers will show up to show their stuff. Isn't competition grand?

Quick Reply: Camaro vs Mustang