Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Catiglione Leaves Chrysler

Old 09-15-2008, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Catiglione Leaves Chrysler

Michael Castiglione, the desiner of the Challenger concept, has ledt Chrysler. This is a big loss for chrysler- he really had a feel for the old MOPAR muscle cars.

Here is the press release:

Just as things were looking up at Chrysler's design studios, the struggling carmaker has lost two top designers. First, VP of design Trevor Creed left a few weeks ago, and today, we have word that Michael Castiglione has left Chrysler for Ken Okuyama Design. Castiglione is best known as the principle exterior designer for the Dodge Challenger concept.

Castiglione has been at Chrysler for 15 years and worked on several of the company's concept cars, including the Challenger. He also worked on the production versions of the Chrysler 300 and on the concept Jeep Compass. He operated primarily out of the now-closed Pacific Design Studio. With Okuyama, he'll be chief designer and responsible for designing everything from cars to eyeglasses to furniture. One of his top tasks will be getting Okuyama's K.O 7 and K.O 8 cars to production once the new company is fully established.

"We're really busy with a number of projects that Ken's got going," Castiglione said in an interview with Car Design News. "What appealed to me is that I really like Ken and the variety of projects. It's not just automotive. His potential client base [includes] other transport like aero and trains. It's a really appealing challenge."

Okuyama is best known for his work as chief of design at Pinifarina, where he worked on the Ferrari Enzo and 612 as well as the Maserati Birdcage Concept and Quattroporte sedan before leaving the design house in 2006 due to conflicts with his other projects.

While this will bode well for Okuyama, it's more bad news for Chysler as the Challenger has been a big hit for the Auburn Hills carmaker. New vice president of design Ralph Gilles was already going to have his work cut out for him moving the entire company away from the "edge" look, and losing a top designer is only going to make the transition harder.

Source: Car Design News

Old 09-15-2008, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Catiglione Leaves Chrysler

Sound like an awesome opportunity for Michael... but sadly a huge loss for Chrysler.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:19 PM

When they announced that the Pacific Design Studios were to be shelved, I had wondered where these fine fellows would end up. Its too bad that the new Chrysler didnt see what great product thoughts came out of that center, rather than investing in it to bring a greater future for Chrysler design.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Since he has made a name for himself and is probably paid the big bucks, he probably left on his own to go to a more stable company
in whatever industry he moved into.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:51 PM

Since he has made a name for himself and is probably paid the big bucks, he probably left on his own to go to a more stable company
in whatever industry he moved into.
[/quote]

To bad; Good for him..........bad for Chrysler......