Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Cerebrus Capitol Managment and what they own

Old 03-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cerebrus Capitol Managment and what they own

[quote]Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. is one of the largest private equity investment firms in the USA

The firm is based in New York City, and run by 47-year-old financier Steve Feinberg. Former U.S. Vice President Dan Quayle has been a prominent Cerberus spokesperson and runs one of its international units.

Notable acquisitions

Pharmaceuticals - In December 2004, the company announced the acquisition of Bayer's plasma products business and renamed it Talecris Biotherapeutics.

Paper products - The company acquired MeadWestvaco's paper business for $2.3B in 2005 and renamed it NewPage Corporation. Cerberus also purchased, from Georgia Pacific Corporation, its Distribution Division/Building Products and all of its associated real estate. It renamed this new company BlueLinx Holdings, based in Atlanta.

Government Services (Military, Energy, and Food & Drug) - owns IAP Worldwide Services, which bought Johnson Controls' World Services division in February 2005, and Netco Government Services.

Real Estate - Through investment affiliate Blackacre Capital, the company has been making direct equity, mezzanine, first mortgage, distressed and special situation investments in all asset types. It also controls Miami Beach.-based LNR Property, a large real estate development and investment firm through subsidiary Riley Property. Cerberus also controls Kyo-ya, a Japan based group of entities that owns several Starwood managed assets in California, Hawaii and Florida.

Retail - Cerberus purchased 655 of the 2,500 Albertson's, Inc., grocery stores, forming Albertsons LLC of Boise, Idaho, in June of 2006. They also own Mervyn's department stores, which was acquired from Target Corp. In June 2007, Cerberus acquired Torex Retail Plc., a retail solutions provider in troubled waters, for approximately 400 million US dollars.[4]

Transportation - Acquired bankrupt ANC Rental, owner of the National and Alamo car rental chains, for $230 million in October 2003 and purchased DaimlerChrysler's 45% share of debis AerFinance, an aircraft leasing business, in May 2005. Complete acquisition of debis AirFinance (later renamed AerCap) was concluded in July 2005. Also acquired North American Bus Industries, Optima Bus Corporation, and Blue Bird Corp. in the bus manufacturing sector.

Construction - Announced on July 23, 2007, Cerberus agreed to acquire United Rentals, Inc., North America's largest equipment rental service. The transaction was valued at $6.6 billion, including the assumption of approximately $2.6 billion in debt obligations.

Automotive - Peguform, GDX, and Chrysler.

Financial Services - General Motors sold a 51% stake in its GMAC finance unit to an investor group led by Cerberus Capital Management. GM expects to receive $14 billion over the next three years from the sale of General Motors Acceptance Corp. In December 2006, Cerberus acquired the Austrian bank BAWAG P.S.K. for a reported EUR3.2 billion. In April 2007, Cerberus announced it intention to acquire Option One Mortgage Corp from H&R Block for about $1 billion. That acquisition is still pending. In August of 2007, Cerberus announced that it was closing one of their mortgage companies, Aegis Mortgage.

Firearms - Acquired Bushmaster Firearms, Inc., from Windham, Maine native Dick Dyke for an undisclosed sum in April 2006, and purchased Remington Arms in April 2007. Under Cerberus direction, Bushmaster Firearms acquired Cobb Manufacturing, a well-respected manufacturer of large-caliber tactical rifles in August 2007. Cerberus also announced the acquisition of DPMS Panther Arms in December 2007.[5]

Entertainment - Acquired 6 television stations formerly owned and operated by CBS Corporation. The station group is called Four Points Media Group. As of September 1, 2007, the 6 stations are no longer listed on the CBS Telev
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:22 PM

Default RE: Cerebrus Capitol Managment and what they own

"Bushmaster AR15" and their M4 variant, I already own several of them. They ride when I ride. Along with my Sig of course...
Old 03-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I think what is funny is the company that owns the car that I want also makes the gun I want.

Maybe when I go to pickup the Dodge Challenger, I can also pick up my Bushmaster AR15.
Now all you need is one more thing from them to have the third head.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-08-2008, 09:19 AM

scary........................
Old 03-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

scary........................
How so?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

I guess he does not like 3 headed dogs.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I guess he does not like 3 headed dogs.
Well, I guess it depends on what kind of dog heads they are. If they the three heads consist of Pitbulls, Rottweilers, and Doberman Pinschers, I can see his point.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-08-2008, 07:22 PM

hahaha! i've got a rottie actually, my baby boy his name is Ox. Smart as can be, knows everything.
No scary as in the company sounds like it could end up being a global monopoly if we don't watch out. Very scary.
How to say it best one mans junk is anothers monopoly of world trade in ten years ha. Peace...
P.S. I'd put German Shepards over Doberman's lol. Later...
Old 03-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

hahaha! i've got a rottie actually, my baby boy his name is Ox. Smart as can be, knows everything.
No scary as in the company sounds like it could end up being a global monopoly if we don't watch out. Very scary.
How to say it best one mans junk is anothers monopoly of world trade in ten years ha. Peace...
P.S. I'd put German Shepards over Doberman's lol. Later...
I don't think we have to worry about that. I think the ownership of Chrysler is short-term and they will probably sell it again once they can turn it profitable.

I have been bitten by a German Shepard before. I came out okay, so I'm not quite as concerned about them as Doberman's.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

I have been bitten by a German Shepard before

So I guess you have a little German in you.

Quick Reply: Cerebrus Capitol Managment and what they own