Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Challenger vs 300 Sedan and Charger SRT

Old 02-13-2008, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger vs 300 Sedan and Charger SRT

I love the new Challenger but I wish they would have pushed a few more Horsepower in it so it was not the same as the 300 sedan and the Charger SRT. I have a Challenger ordered and I guess I will have to go with aftermarket products to boost the horsepower because I do not want to be out ran by a 60 year old man and women in a 300 SRT sedan.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Challenger vs 300 Sedan and Charger SRT

ORIGINAL: old school

I love the new Challenger but I wish they would have pushed a few more Horsepower in it so it was not the same as the 300 sedan and the Charger SRT. I have a Challenger ordered and I guess I will have to go with aftermarket products to boost the horsepower because I do not want to be out ran by a 60 year old man and women in a 300 SRT sedan.
Oh, I don't know, how old is Mark Martin....???? That's not always such a bad thing, I could go the Danica Patrick thing, but she got 3rd place and I found the whole hullabaloo (there an old timey word for ya) to be a bit disingenuous and patronizing to women. As for your point, I'm with ya, what would be worse is some kid in his tuned out CRX equippied w/ a fart car can on the back and nitrous (a la Vin Dismal) passing you.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:08 AM

I just hate the exhuast on the imports, matter of fact i just hate imports. how bout yall.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:39 PM

Welcome to The CF! I highly doubt your gonna get whupped.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:52 AM

I second that i hate imports. And i love v-8's. Maybe if there was a Z car with a V-8 i'd think about it. Sounds cool.
Yeah can't stand the exhaust note of imports either. Sounds like it's farting.
I've got flowmasters on my hemi truck 4inch tips and that mother screams like a freight train. I love it. Never gets old. Peace...
Old 02-29-2008, 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

I second that i hate imports. And i love v-8's. Maybe if there was a Z car with a V-8 i'd think about it. Sounds cool.
Yeah can't stand the exhaust note of imports either. Sounds like it's farting.
I've got flowmasters on my hemi truck 4inch tips and that mother screams like a freight train. I love it. Never gets old. Peace...

last spring I had a neighbor who bought an import and riced it out with the huge fart can muffler. I always thought that someone was revving up a gas powered weedwacker. After about two weeks of listening to that crap I pulled my Barracuda out of storage pulled into the drive way and dropped the hammer and put him to shame.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all in what you pick. I own a 70 GTX 440-6 and a 71 R/T Challenger 340-4. But I also own an 88 TSI Conquest and a 91 R/T Stealth. I have modified all of them and they all have their strong points. None of them are ricer in sound and all are a little louder than Ma Mopar made them. I love my V-8s but I have a soft spot for my 3.0 V-6 and my turboed 20-G 2.6 I-4. I have rebuilt each one and know them inside and out. All are rear wheel drive except for the Stealth. I have fun driving each one and its nice to choose the car you drive by the way you feel that day Ricers are the same guys we had back in the 70s when I attended High School that put glass packs on the 2-bbl V-8s and all they made was alot of noise. Its better they have those 4cyl. that way they have a harder time hurting themselves.And most little ricers have better brakes than they had in the 70s. So let em make noise and let us be the bigger man and let them go about learning cars the hard way.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Lately you guys have been funny with your descriptions. A huge fart can muffler.....that is funny stuff.

As long as they do cars and stay out of trouble that is the main thing. Of course, there is nothing wrong with blowing their doors off at a traffic light.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

I hear you guys about the exhaust systems. They do sound like they have a very bad case of gas. I've likened them to Folger cans and the rims that must go with them as chrome dinner plates.[:'(] I perfer exhaust systems that sound meaty instead of beany. People who have cars like that need to give their cars some Gas-Ex and give it an exhaust system with some muscle to it. I will probably look into a flowmaster, borla, or something along those lines.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

I hear you guys about the exhaust systems. They do sound like they have a very bad case of gas. I've likened them to Folger cans and the rims that must go with them as chrome dinner plates.[:'(] I perfer exhaust systems that sound meaty instead of beany. People who have cars like that need to give their cars some Gas-Ex and give it an exhaust system with some muscle to it. I will probably look into a flowmaster, borla, or something along those lines.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Challenger vs 300 Sedan and Charger SRT