Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Chevelle HR SS 454 Concept

Old 06-21-2007, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chevelle HR SS 454 Concept

Now that you mention it.... I looked at that car in the background. It looks to me like the hood of a Cuda. I noticed the cut out on the hood. Cannot be certain though. The 1/4 panel shot doesn't quite look right for a Cuda though.

I live in Lancaster about 90 mins from you. SE of Harrisburg and Carlisle.

I will be showing at the GM Nationals, I'll be there all day this Saturday. I plan on attending the Chrysler Nataionals. Not sure of which day. I had planned on showing on the 7th at a local car show. If I do show I may go Sunday the 8th or maybe even Friday the 6th. I guess I will decide closer to the time.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Administrator

so that chevelle is a VERY elaborate body kit on a GTO then? my first thought was that it was a photochop of a GTO...
Old 06-21-2007, 07:03 AM

I was thinking the same thing about the two. Very similar in body lines, and other parts of the car.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:10 AM

I read an article on it.... From what I remember.... it was based on the GTO platform (which is built on Holden's Monaro platform). You can see the GTO wheels on the Chevelle body on the lift. Somebody knew what they were doing. Maybe GM should keep on building GTO's so they can be converted into Chevelles. lol

I don't think they'd sell many at 125K+. Eye-candy I guess.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:20 AM

Here's a few more pics........

Old 06-21-2007, 12:10 PM

i'd take a challenger over anything.

My dad said he heard a 70 challenger went for about 750K. my sister thought that the couldn't sell one for over 20K.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:58 PM

If were talking dollars and cents then heck, I'd take a hemi cuda. They are fetching over 1M.

IMO Barrett Jackson is the reason the prices of these cars have gone through the roof. Everybody and their brother thinks they can get for theirs what they see one like theirs on Barrett Jackson going for.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Administrator

exactly...because the guys who go to BJAA buy them all up...run car lots. they specialize in custom and classic cars, and they remove the potential of someone getting one "For a deal"...as the dealers drive the price up.

so, someone sees that a SPOTLESS 70 hemi cuda goes for a million at BJAA, so that guy figures that his 318 car, in not as great shape, is still worth a fraction of that...so he asks 25 or 30 grand for it...others see that and think "mine is nicer than his..i can get 40 grand"...so on.

thats why the only way to get a deal is to find one sitting in an airplane hanger in the middle of pennsylvania, owned by a guy who just wants it out of his way.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:23 PM

Point me towards that airport...I am there LOLOL.

Ran into a guy last year with a 71 Judge. Green and white. Had a few minor rust spots, a few places of spider cracks in the paint but overall nice shape. He had all the documents. This car was passed down through his family he tells me. I ask him if he'd like to sell it, he says probably if the money is there. Make me an offer he tells me. I say, what is your minimum, he says I have no minimum. OK I say I will give you sticker..... 4300 I believe it was. He laughed. I said ok if you ever want to sell it contact me and I gave him my name and number.

A friend of his works with my wife.....he tells my wife he wants a minimum 100K for it. I rolled laughing.

I have seen on ebay frame off restorations of 69 judges for 80K. Turn keys like his in the 45-50K range. His with some places of rust for a minimum 100K....He can choke on it. By the way that guy was a Barrett Jackson fan.

I originally looked for a 69 carousel Red judge,,, I bought new, it was A LOT cheaper.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:24 PM

thats why the only way to get a deal is to find one sitting in an airplane hanger in the middle of pennsylvania, owned by a guy who just wants it out of his way.

EEEEXACLY. Unfortunateley you don't see anything like that around here. I may have to do a desert search if I should decide to ever do a rebuild. [sm=alien.gif]