Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Chrysler Mexico Reports January Sales Increase

Old 02-15-2008, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Mexico Reports January Sales Increase

Well Management's efforts are taking with our friends to the south....maybe we'll continue getting traction here in Estados Unidos.

Chrysler Mexico Reports January Sales Increase
By admin - Posted on February 14th, 2008
Tagged: Chrysler • Chrysler LLC • Dodge • Jeep • Mexico • Monthly sales report
Sales up 8.6 per cent versus January, 2007 marking 8 consecutive months of growth

Mexico City, Feb 12, 2008 - Chrysler Mexico today reported January sales of 10,786 Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge brand vehicles, an increase of 8.6 percent versus January, 2007 when 9,933 units were sold. This marks the best January sales for Chrysler Mexico in the last six years and is the 8th consecutive month of sales growth for Chrysler Mexico. Chrysler finished 2007 with an increase of .1 percent, despite an overall down market in Mexico.

"The momentum continues into 2008 driven largely by the widespread acceptance of our newest SUVs and minivans,” said Eugene Heidemann, Director of Sales and After Sales – Chrysler Mexico. “We are also particularly pleased that the Jeep brand continues to grow in Mexico.”

January, 2008 Sales Highlights

In January, the Jeep brand increased a significant level, 71.4 percent, pushing overall Chrysler Mexico SUV sales up 22.8 percent. The increase in SUV sales was led by the expanded Jeep lineup, including the four-cylinder Compass and Patriot, and the six-cylinder Wrangler and Liberty.

With the recent launch of the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country, overall Chrysler Mexico minivan sales increased 16.7 percent in January.

For 2008, Chrysler will bring to market the new Dodge Journey crossover (produced in Toluca), the Dodge Challenger and the new Dodge Ram.

Chrysler de Mexico, headquartered in Santa Fe, Mexico has 1,200 salaried employees and 5,000 hourly employees.

Source: Chrysler LLC

Old 02-15-2008, 06:58 AM

Default RE: Chrysler Mexico Reports January Sales Increase

I think all the Mexicans are here, they are all around my town living in trailers. they can't drive worth a flip ethier.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Those new "Jeep" models seem to be doing well in everywhere except for here. The Compass has not been doing that well. The Patriot needs a V6 badly. The new minivans have been doing pretty well, but they have to do something about those dash materials, those are bring it back down to 80s standards, not acceptable.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Here is a tidbit of information.

I used to sale to the Maquiladoras back in 1995. They had several Delco plants there that manufactured parts. I asked some questions and found out the only difference between a regular car and a luxury car was the formulation of the dash. Otherwise they were made using the same techniques.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Here is a tidbit of information.

I used to sale to the Maquiladoras back in 1995. They had several Delco plants there that manufactured parts. I asked some questions
and found out the only difference between a regular car and a luxury car was the formulation of the dash. Otherwise they were made using the same techniques.
It makes sense. If you hear the reviews of today of Chrysler products compared to the late 90s, it puts things into perspective. Chrysler thinks the key to luxury is things like the MyGig and Satellite radios. They offer all of these great toys, along with offering good leather interior with engines that finally have the hint of power in them with transmissions that are actually competitive in the new Sebring and what do people say? "I miss the 95-00 Sebring. The dash materials do not belong on a $36K car." Although the press has in my opinion always been unfairly hash about Chrysler's interior materials, its only now that I actually agree with them (but disagree still that the competition is all that much better). The fact of the matter is you can get pretty much all the luxury options that you could on a luxury car in a normal car, but the factor that seems to make the difference is infact the dash.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

The dash along with all of the other items with better formulaton and the materials that make them last longer with time and sun exposure.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

That was a problem with the mid-90s models. I know that the 1st gen LH cars like my own had problems particularly with the airbag cover for the passenger side. From what I saw of the 2nd gen LH cars specifically the 300M and the 01-07 Caravan, they managed to keep using materials that were pleasing to the touch while resolving the sun warping issues.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

The other problem was just plain disintegrating from sun exposure.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:17 PM

My 2001 Ram's dash was an eyesore..[:'(] One day I was going down the road and hit a bump and a piece of my dash actually just fell into itself! Dodge wants $364 for an OEM replacement.. sorry I can't justify that kind of money, but I can justify a $40 dash-carpet.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

My 2001 Ram's dash was an eyesore..[:'(] One day I was going down the road and hit a bump and a piece of my dash actually just fell into itself! Dodge wants $364 for an OEM replacement.. sorry I can't justify that kind of money, but I can justify a $40 dash-carpet.
As much as I liked the styling on the Ram's dash, I think they always cut corners on the Ram's dash. When I rode in my boss's 01 2500 Cummins, I knocked on the dash to inspect the quality of the material. That material is not only hard, but extremely flimsy.

I hear you Jeremiah, the I've seen that happen as well. I think the worst thing I have seen though that I haven't seen happen yet on a Chrysler product is the metal part of the steering wheel being exposed. My parents sold our first 98 Taurus LX to my aunt and uncle when they got my mom's current van back in 2001 and when I was riding with them I noticed that the top of the steering wheel's foam like covering was worn to the metal. I've seen that happen with several GM products including to a degree the 96 Olds Ciera I had before my Intrepid, but no one I know has ever had that problem yet. Chrysler uses a more rubbery substance that is less likely to wear off than that foam does.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Chrysler Mexico Reports January Sales Increase