Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Chrysler Schedules PT Cruiser's Demise - Daily Auto Insider

Old 08-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Schedules PT Cruiser's Demise - Daily Auto Insider

Chrysler Schedules PT Cruiser's Demise - Daily Auto Insider

The Daily Auto Insider
Friday, August 3, 2007

August 2007

Chrysler's retro-styled PT Cruiser will go out of production when its current model ends in 2009, The Detroit News reported.

Chrysler has also cancelled plans to build the flashy Imperial luxury-car concept. Instead, the resurgence of Chrysler's lineup will depend on the success of restyled versions of successful models such as the 300C sedan and Ram pickup, as well as all-new products, such as the Dodge Challenger muscle car and a crossover vehicle slated for production in Mexico, the story said.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Chrysler Schedules PT Cruiser's Demise - Daily Auto Insider

From the rumors I have heard, they will replace the Pt Crusier with a vehicle based off of the platform that the Sebring/Avenger, Caliber/Compass/Patroit is on. It will probably share the same powertrain as teh Sebring/Avenger. It is better for the Pt Crusier to go out of production since there is really no room to change the styling and keep the styling cues without messing it up. Once you do retro correctly one time, it is difficult to get it right a second time.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-04-2007, 12:59 PM

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition.......my daily commuter. I haven't modified it at all. It's a reliable car, good in snow and easy to maintain. Not great gas mileage, and underpowered, but a fun ride all in all.
The ONE aftermarket part I wish someone would make for them is the early thirties style stem-mount headlights. That would complete the look for this car, which my friends at work call my "Urban Assault Vehicle".
Sad to see the line end.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:46 AM

I'd like to see 30s/40s style station wagons, SUVs, and pick up trucks.
I think they'd be a lot better than the clunky/chunky/ugly body shapes out right now.