Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Concept Dodge ZEO

Old 01-15-2008, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concept Dodge ZEO

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/detr...show_2008/382/

I actually like the look of the car, and the numbers for an all electric car is not bad.

Though I said I like the look of the car in general, the only thing I don't like from what I see is the doors and white interior.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 AM

Default RE: Concept Dodge ZEO

I think this car shows where chrysler is still going wrong. I think it looks cool but it still looks like a "typical" concept car. It's also based on theoretical technology and feels like a "hey we're going green too" call for attention from them, but with no actual intention for production. Had they shown a concept car that looked like it was closer to production, people might actual believe they're doing something with it. While other automakers are leading the way it feels like chrysler is trying to just catch up with them. GM is pouring all kinds of resources into making the volt a reality and chrysler is just throwing out i-robot type concepts.

Of course this messed up philosophy is bringing me my gas guzzling challenger so I can't complain too much.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:46 AM

Even if they did make that concept, which they won't, you wouldn't have to worry about the doors staying that way. No automaker will ever mass produce a car that has lifting doors like that. I saw a news article on a lambo that flipped on its roof and caught fire in germany. To say the least because the lambo ended up on the roof the passangers where unable to get out of the car (bec. of the doors) and burned to death.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:13 PM

You know I never even thought of that being a safety issue.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Guess the MB Gull-wing would be safe from at least that stand point...

Old 01-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

You know I never even thought of that being a safety issue.
People that drive convertibles never think about that safety issue either. You don't worry about getting burned to death, just smushed to death.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

The all-electric idea I still think is too extreme. I'm not sold on electric cars. I like the styling of the Zeo though, the doors are not necessary though. I would like to see this come with a diesel and a gasoline powered model.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-17-2008, 08:35 AM

I agree on the electric car comment, kind of tuogh to drive for more that 20 minutes in minus 10 with the lights and heater on in an electric car, may work in California and Florida.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:42 AM

Another Con instead of Pro that I can think of, is that electric could only be used for a commuter as doing anything long distance would take forever to get to. You can't just fill up when you get to the end of the cycle. I would imaging it would take a few hours to charge the thing, overnight for a full charge.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Today, yes, but could you imagine a company based on charging stations set up at peoples work? You drive to work charge it up (on the meter) swipe your card and off you go at the end of the day. @ some point they'd have it wireless through transpondence, where you just swipe your car and park in a particular place and it charges w/o getting out of the vehicle (to charge it of course).

Later, it could even be part of a company's offering "with recharge facilities" as a draw to the greenies out there...doesn't seem so outlandish really....

Quick Reply: Concept Dodge ZEO