Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Cool Challenger video

Old 07-26-2007, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool Challenger video

I don't know why this person made this video, but it's apparently a modern commercial for the 1970 Challenger, utilizing some pretty good music and scenes from the original Vanishing Point.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=heTQfXekq5o
Old 07-26-2007, 04:33 AM

Default RE: Cool Challenger video

That makes me want to take my car out for a spin
Old 07-26-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man did I leave my keys in the car again? That reminds me a month ago I was headed home from the bank. I stoped at a stop sign and had an urge to turn it loose one time. I looked around and not a car in sight. So I pushed the throttle down and turned that little 340 loose. The tires spun for all of first and 1/2 through second. Then out of the corner of my eye I see two of Kanapolis's finest in a parking lot talking to one another. I just stayed in it and made the left to go to my sons house. His road has a slight dip and as I went down the dip at a blazing 20MPH, I looked in my rear view mirror and they were lit up and in the wind. I got to his house and waited to see if they came back. But to my suprise they did not. My brother ( who lives next to a K-town cop) called me that weekend to ask if I knew the Law got after me earlier in the week. The Cop told Jim that he recognized the car and knew it was his brother. He was going to stop me before the other Policeman could. He said the other guy would of thrown the book at me. He was just going to chat and then let me go. Man I don't do this kind of stuff much at all these days. And just when you think its cool, BAM the law is right there. And he had every right to bust my chops. But sometimes it just screams to be turned loose and in a moment of weakness I gave in.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

That's how it normally works. My theory is go to tracks where you can do some mild racing (1/4 mile runs).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-27-2007, 07:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again read. I never took the car over 60 MPH. I know that the law says burning the rear tires is considered wreckless driving and I was prepared for what ever charges would apply. As far as burnouts at the track, you burn you lose. Showing out and a full out bonzi run are two different things. As a kid I did a lot of crazy things and applied logic to young and foolish. But I guess theres no fool like an old fool. Somehow despite good reasoning I do not think it will be my last foolish act.