Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Daily driver

Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

25,000 miles on my 2009 R/T so it is driven alot. But I try to drive my 91 Stealth R/T and 88 Conquest TSI at least once a week. Then the 70 Challenger R/T comes out to play when the weather is perfect. I'm getting the parts together to start on my 70 GTX and plan to start this fall. Darn I need a beater so I've been looking at a used Viper GTS. 96-99 so it will be my DD in summer and early fall and late spring. I don't think I ever owned a car that I would'nt be proud to be seen in. And as old and ugly as I am I need the help LOL.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

V8 Lite, I understand completely. I haven't had the time to post on here like I once was able to due to being so busy with work. The only reason why I'm able to post now is I'm in training and am away from home. Snow tires and traction control has done wonders. BTW, is it an auto or manual?

stevelegel, it sounds like a good new years resolution. Honestly, the truth of the matter is what is the point of having a car if you never get to drive it (especially considering how much those cars cost). Enjoy them is my advice.

jdb840, which engine do you have in your Dakota and how many miles do you have on it? You'll have to forgive me as my memory isn't working right now, but based on the mention of needing a new engine, I take it that you have a classic Challenger. Which engine do you have in that and what engine are you looking to get in replacement?

wp23n, sounds like you don't have to worry about not having a car if one of them is in the shop. ;-) What are you looking at getting to replace the Toyota?

lear4406, why such a practical car for a daily driver? Why not a Ram SRT-10, H1, or Ferrari? ;-) Just kidding, that would be a nice addition to your collection. I can only hope that I'm able to have a collection like that some day. If you get a Viper be sure to post pics of it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-28-2010, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by lear4406
25,000 miles on my 2009 R/T ....
And to think, I cried when my '09 SE turned over 3,000 miles last week.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by RLSH700
wp23n, sounds like you don't have to worry about not having a car if one of them is in the shop. ;-) What are you looking at getting to replace the Toyota?
to be honest i dont know, i would like to get another escape maybe just a 2WD model, mileage in my AWD is 20-21 city and i have gotten as high as 27 on the highway if i can keep it right at 75mph. i believe the 2WD model is about 3 MPG higher on both city/highway.

i definitley need a beater though.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by V8 Lite
Thanks! I don't get to the site as much as I'd like because of work.
The snow tires and traction control make it passable, but if we go out together and its crappy out we take the Impala.
She has a screaming yellow '06 V6 with the pony package. She doesn't like the GT body kit. I installed CAI, Magna Flow muffler, Katzkins with yellow inserts and black Bullet rims.
c'mon Mark that's just adds to our driving excitement, RWD and slick roads = a crapload of fun on our city streets hahahaha, I'm like you, leave the traction on and stay outta the gas... you'll go anywhere

I drive 84th every morning and noted a Drk Blue Challenger, the owner works at one of the buisnesses along their, a month ago I notioced it had the passenger door all crushed in, looks like the owner just got it back,
Old 01-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

RoswellGrey, good to hear from you. How have the first 3K miles been, and what is your daily driver?

wp23n, which engine do you have with your Escape. I'm guessing it's a V6. Would you get a new one or another used one.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-28-2010, 05:52 PM

Well, my daily driver continues to be my tried and true '93 Dakota. My wife drives a '04 Durango, but after attending the SRT experience with me in June, she want's a SRT Jeep. Anyway, I bought my SRT with the intention of being a pleasure driver only (ok, it is always a pleasure driving it), but you know, when the weather is both decent and I have time for a drive. I rarely ever run errands, drive to work, or park it otherwise. I take her out, drive for however much time I have, and park and cover her back in the garage. To that extent, I just passed the 4200 mile mark.

Last edited by kramtrah; 01-28-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: correct grammar
Old 01-28-2010, 10:40 PM

jdb840, which engine do you have in your Dakota and how many miles do you have on it? You'll have to forgive me as my memory isn't working right now, but based on the mention of needing a new engine, I take it that you have a classic Challenger. Which engine do you have in that and what engine are you looking to get in replacement?
My Dakota has 90K on it with the 4.7 in it. It's served me well for the last couple of years and hopefully many more to come.

Yes it's a 70 Challenger with the 440 6pack non orginal. It's just time for a major rebuild, The engine hasn't been touched it 10years except for the usual stuff. For the price of crate motors, I could rebuild half of the engine the way I want it (the heads and stroker kit alone are about 3K) I would rather by a crate for about 7K complete and have my spare to rebuild. I plan on getting a 500 or so stroker and then putting my intake/carbs on top of it.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:06 AM

Cool winter Beat ride.

I have Vanish in a heated garage for the winter and use my 92 Ram 4x4 as my
winter beat ride it just replaced my 76 RamCharger that was my old winter ride
that i sold to my neice this summer she is planning to restore it soon all she need's
is a original steel roof because the old one is badly rusted out.
here is a pic of them both.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:50 AM

wp23n, which engine do you have with your Escape. I'm guessing it's a V6. Would you get a new one or another used one.
no its the 2.4 duratec 4 cylinder. this one i bought new in 2005 but i think i am going to hunt out a good used one especially with my son about to get his DL

Quick Reply: Daily driver