Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

The Dodge Room, 2008

Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Dodge Room, 2008

Here are the newest shots of the Dodge Room. Im sorry about the quality. Im frustrated with my camera, and Im dragging my tail on buying a new one...but Ive found that some people have not heard of the Dodge Room, so I think that its time for some new pictures...

Old 02-15-2008, 09:20 AM

Default RE: The Dodge Room, 2008

Oh My, do you take anything for that?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:21 AM

Bad, I do believe you are a dodgeman, without a doubt.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:34 AM

Wow, impressive for sure..
Old 02-15-2008, 10:23 AM

Nice, I tip my hat to you. All hail the ruler of Dodgetopia: 1BadMirada

[sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=hail.gif]
Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 AM

Holy crap, dude... that's AWESOME!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Administrator

were actually well beyond our capacity. if you notice, the one wall to the left of the door, has all of the cards overlapped...we used to have them spread out, but we were out of room. we also have stuff that in storage, because there is no room for it here...boxes of things like brochures, magazines, t-shirts, etc...originally, the dodge room had shelves for those items as well, but when we were just over 1000 unique pieces on the walls and shelves, we are pretty much completely out of room, so we have started to retire items.

we also have several hundred "doubles" (and in some case triples and quadruples) that are packed away in storage. we are trying to come up with a system that allows us to carry a list of what we have, but its tough at things like the mopar nationals, to carry around an 1100+ item list, that is small, but can still be read enough to check the list.

when we started putting effort into the collection, we would go to a store, or swap meet, or event, and buy everything that we could find, that we believed to be below or at market value...but we dont have room for that, so we focus on more unusual items now.

my hope is to have the entire collection as a backdrop to a one of the full sized collection. ideally, id like to have a fair sized one stall garage with a finished floor, where we would keep the demon, and all around it, would be the collection from what is now the dodge room...or, have the mirada and demon together...or maybe the new challenger and the demon...
Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 PM

Patrick you have a PM!

Also how do you have the 1/64 cards hanging? I have a similar idea for my computer room but don't know exactly how I would like to hang my 1/64ths.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Administrator

at first, we were using nails, but at this point, if i buy 2 cars on cards, i might spend an hour making room for them. we call it "tetrising"...

i move things so often, there would have been a million nail holes in the walls...so i bought "display boards" from Elmers (the glue people). They sell the display boards at office max, but they arent cheap. they are made to fold open, but i keep them folded shut, and when folded shut, they are slightly thicker than the length of a thumbtack. i think that those boards are around 10 bucks a piece, and to cover the walls, it took something like 15 of them...i believe. but the nice thing, it allows you ALOT of freedom with how youre going to hang things. with nails, you get one chance, and there is a hole..with the display boards, you can keep on moving them until you like the layout. the display boards are nailed to the wall, with 4 aluminum roofing nails...
Old 02-15-2008, 02:40 PM

I would assume that dusting at your house is an all-day event. An incredible collection worth easily three, maybe foru Challenger SRTs.

Quick Reply: The Dodge Room, 2008