Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

First Pull over in R/T

Old 02-19-2009, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Pull over in R/T

Just coming back home from Chiro and went up on ramp and put the boots to er a bit (shifting around 4+ g's nothing really)Next thing there are the blues. Damn I thinking I'm bagged. The Cop was really cool, I said "yeah you got got me going thru the gears", and he said "I had my foot all the way to the floor and I couldn't keep up, and i said hell no" He really liked the car and told me to keep that action to the highway and let me go WHEW. Hard to be discreet with the right foot sometimes! [sm=gears.gif]
Old 02-20-2009, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: First Pull over in R/T

It's good to see that there are cool cops out there.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:28 AM

I rarely get lucky like that, I think the only reason he didn't break my chops was because of the car! Had I been in one of my other vehicles he would have wrote me up for something! I wasn't really speeding so much as just rapid acceleration
Old 02-20-2009, 10:13 AM

I had a similar situation in my Mustang before I got my Challenger. Pulled away from an on ramp and ran it up very quicky through the gears but then let off at a shade above the legal limit. I was careful not to squeal the tires because I saw what I thought might be an unmarked car behind me.

At the next intersection, he flashed his headlights (not the reds and blues) then got out and ran up to me in my car. I was thinking WTF before he got to my window and his first words were nice car. Then he asked me what I had under the hood and said he was off duty and just messing with me. He let me go with a pat on the shoulder.

Meanwhile, I was sweating bullits...

ORIGINAL: brentmannrt09

I rarely get lucky like that, I think the only reason he didn't break my chops was because of the car! Had I been in one of my other vehicles he would have wrote me up for something! I wasn't really speeding so much as just rapid acceleration
Old 02-20-2009, 10:19 AM

I know what you mean, nothing will get your heart racing like that guilty feeling & Blue lights behind you! We just bought an 06 GT convert for da wife. We are also big Mustang fans-I have said an shall say again if it weren't for the 05 mustang retro/intro I doubt we'd be into Challengers right now! So I give mad props to the Blue Oval gang!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:02 PM

Highways, beautiful highways.

My dad and i took a friends KTM 950 Adventure for a spin one day. Dead stop before turning onto the ramp. Balls to the bar.
Dad's watchin' the RPM's, and there I sit behind him, crapping my self as we break 105 mph BEFORE we even came close to entering the highway.
Yes we had helmets on. Never ride a bike without one.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:34 PM

I ran my R/T through the gear's pulling away from a light a few days ago. A 45 zone . And then let off before entering a 35 zone and known area for cop's. Had a Chevy SUV blink their lights behind . I looked and I was doing around 35 . Was very carefull after . The Chevy was still behind me till I passed the City Police station . And the Chevy pulled into the parking lot where the officer's park to get their patrol cars. I'm surre he got my lic plate . As it is HEMI RT . I 'm going to have to be a good boy for awhile around town.