Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

First Ticket..

Old 06-17-2009, 07:30 AM

Location: I have moved to Challengertalk.com as a direct result of this site not being able to handle security
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Ticket..

Give a 26-year-old old school rodder like myself a car like this and you know it's bound to happen, just a matter of when..

Apparently, base police don't take kindly to seeing 59mph flash on their radar in a 30mph zone..

The Judge was a car guy though, so he asked what the deal was and I told him, I was making a right turn into heavy traffic, brought it up to about 40 from a standstill to get into a small gap without impeding other drivers. At that point the two right lanes merge over and I had the decision of either stomping my brakes to get behind someone travelling under the speed limit, or giving it more gas and going around them before the lane disappeared (there was no one in front of them). I made the poor decision to go around them and was spotted.

As he was reading over the ticket I also casually mentioned that I've only owned the car for two months, one month of which I was on a ship underway and I'm still getting used to the increase in power from my other car which is a 1972 Beetle. He asked what kind of car I have now, looked at the registration and said, "Oh wow, yea, that's a REALLY nice car and a definite jump in power, I can understand why you did it now.."

But ultimately, I got 12 points on my military driving record, which is the number needed to suspend my base-driving privilege for 6 months. Truthfully, I'm EXTREMELY grateful this happened on-base. There's no fine, no court fees, and no other repercussions other than I can't drive on base for the next 6 months, which is fine since I'm deploying next month and won't be back until next year anyway.

The officer who issued the ticket also told me that had his radar read just ONE mph faster (30 over the limit) I would have been arrested on the spot

talk about a close call..

Anyone else out there done anything stupid yet? well, gotten caught doing anything stupid anyway..
Old 06-18-2009, 02:25 AM

Smile

That is why while test driving an R/T 6 speed I told my wife we better get the 6 cylinder.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:30 AM

Wink

Could have been much worst, so I guess you should count your lucky stars.....
I havn't even been stopped by an officer of the law...but many an officer has slowed down to look over the Challenger....