Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Hauling A$$...

Old 11-03-2008, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hauling A$$...

Check this out...keep some space blankets with ya....
http://www.kirotv.com/video/17876549/index.html
Old 11-04-2008, 02:18 AM

Default RE: Hauling A$$...

I think this is a bit of a waste of resources but if it's already flying and nothing else to catch.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:55 AM

It’s amazing to me that individuals actually think they can outrun a police radio and a helicopter. I also have mixed emotions as to whether or not news channels should even broadcast car chases, as it seems to encourage some people to go for their 10 minutes of fame on the freeway endangering others in the process…..
It also cost the lives of four individuals and two helicopters last year when two news helicopters had a collision over Phoenix while following a speeder.....
Old 11-04-2008, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 you can outrun a radio. Not often but yes it can be done. 2 stay focused on the big picture. Thats what law enforcment has to do. If they are in a car or a helicopter they must weigh out the risk as well as the finale result. Professionalism is the key. Training over adrenaline. I know we are all human and can make the wrong decissions when we don't check our emotions. But the same can be said for the guy who is running. He has decided not to use common sense. So law has to. In this video the helicopter did the right thing and they caught their man without killing anyone. Very professional and results that are to be commended. If its just a speeder and he getting out of control... back off and catch him in the air or just suck it up and let him go. Its not worth a life. But if hes a violent criminal then he has to be caught because of the future victims. So use what force is neccessary, but again from the air as much as is possible.