Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

How well do you take care of your car(s)?

Old 03-15-2008, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How well do you take care of your car(s)?

What do you do (if anything) over obsessively when it comes to your car? Are you an average owner when it comes to your vehicle or do you like to have the nicest car in town! Just curious to how well everyone here takes care of their current vehicle. But if you have nothing to say for that, how about what will you do when you get the keys to the Challenger with your name on it!
Old 03-15-2008, 09:51 PM

Default RE: How well do you take care of your car(s)?

I take care of my cars as well as you can for something that's driven ever day. That's why I'm hoping to get two Challengers. One for daily driving and one to keep.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:51 AM

my srt8 will be kept in the garage, driven on weekends mainly.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own 5 cars and they have been with me from 35 years to 5 years. I own almost every cleaning gadget and chemical known to man I clean them every week except for the ones I keep in the basement. There are some great products out there and if you stay on top of the upkeep... its faster and easier to clean and polish them up.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:11 PM

Well since i don't have a car i'll talk about my snowmobile and motocycle.
1. after a ride on my bike, i usualy head over to my buddies house and power wash the mud off and polish the wheels.
2. i'm not very good with my snowmo, i don't wash it cause the snow does it for me.
3. my dad and i always give a good check up every month on them and every start of a season we give a proper run-down on them.
4. end of season we always drain oil and and gas. put mouse traps in by them(we stow in a potato cellar) and tell em a bed time story.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:48 PM

I wax my cars at least twice a year (spring and fall) and always keep them washed when the weather is mild enough. I must admit as I have gotten older I don't do the wash thing in cold weather like I used to, but if they get dirty enough I will take it through a brushless wash. I never let anyone wash my cars except me. The Challenger, just like my Corvette, will never intentionally see rain.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:25 PM

I do good detailing. My particular detail is wheel wells (scrubbed, rinsed and armor alled) as well as tires and interior trim. Lackadaisical about inside rear window. always wipe down hood, door and trunk jambs.
Steve
Old 03-17-2008, 07:14 AM

Very well, always on time for routine maintenances. Wash almost every weekend. When my mustang is freshly washed, I use a car cover when I drive it to work, and when it is at home in the garage. Wax 2 to 3 times a year. This in tales a good wash down, I clay bar it, then wax it. I have to set a day aside to do this. I also have a nice detail brush set for the inside. I even wipe down the engine compartment every wash.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:22 AM

I try to keep my truck clean, but i drive on a dirt road a lot so i don't bother much but I will take it to the car wash every now and then.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

In the category of mechanical maintenance, I'm outstanding. In the category of cleaning, I'm a total bum. My issue is that since I don't drive it that often and that since so many of the roads are filthy, it seems like a lost cause, plus my paint is not in the best shape either. I haven't vacuumed out my car in a long time and boy does it need it. One of these days, when the weather gets better, I'm going to have to do this before long.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: How well do you take care of your car(s)?