Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

I really really really hope these cars dont..

Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really really really hope these cars dont..

start to collect road grime and dust sitting in the corner of the dlr lots this time next year. I mean it happens to almost all cars, some sooner than later (ie the Charger SRT)

There is always huge fanfare at launch. I have not yet seen the car but it is safe to say the my dlr will hire fricken BlackWater to provide security around it. Fast Fwd 12 -16 months. There is a row on the back lot of Challengers forgotten and dirty, the rotors are rusted in place since they have sat immobile for so long.

At the dlr near me they no less the 7 Charger SRTs and 4 Jeep SRTs , they have been moved from the showroom (to make way for a Mazdaspeed 3 lol) great car btw, to the front of the lot , to the middle row and now they sit in the back getting sprinkled on everynight.
Shame shame. They had one SRT Ram, a low mile 04 for $16K. Last year they had a new one for almost $60 K WTF!!!!!
The saleshoes treating potential buyers like crap probly didnt help. I had a friend wanted a Charger R/T and they wanted a $100 dep first and him sign some paperwork .. PLZ !!!!

Its funny when the GTO came out they wanted deposits before a test drive LOL , same dlr had one STI MR in the showroom w/ ropes around it like it was a dam ENZO. I went to drive a STi when they were launched and they had to install the shift knob each time it went out. As soon as we came back, off the knob went WTF.

What is odd though is the ones you expect to be a dick are not. I had my car in for a SMG prob. No big deal I have time to wait for the module swap out. I walk next door to New Counrty Lamborghini and waltz in to behold 3 G Super Leggras and 2 LP-640s. I raise the door on the 640 and make myself at home, no problem.
After that I walk across the street to Braman Porsche and wow a 997 GT2 and Kermit Green GT3RS. Again sit down sir, can we interest interest in a test drive

Old 07-01-2008, 12:46 PM

Default RE: I really really really hope these cars dont..

Kermit the frog green GT3 RS [sm=shades.gif]
Old 07-01-2008, 01:22 PM

Unfortunatly if any of could gaze in the crystal ball for that prediction, they wouldn't be here I have a feeling this will get worse before it gets better. I know in the shop here a lot of older cars are suddenly getting fixed. AND a lot of cars are sitting. I'm hopin gto get enough saved so I can get it paid off rather quicky so for myself, me and the family can all enjoy it. (Its rather difficult to strap a car seat to the back of a bike AND have a place for the wife and myself) Hopefully most will get bought, and driven and enjoyed. When I can I will enjoy mine.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:37 PM

I would be very suprised if that happens to Challengers. I know there are many, many people wanting them, but they don't want to spend the money.
If dealers want them off the lot. they will be hauled off the lot one way or another.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't worry about Challengers not moving. But, it's reassuring that your concerned.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:43 AM

Not likely!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Yep. There's always one or two.....

Old 07-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Administrator

i dont think that they will sit around at lots any more than the new gt500s...
Old 07-02-2008, 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i dont think that they will sit around at lots any more than the new gt500s...
They may not be sitting at any dealers very long but they sure are languishing in the FS section on the SVT boards. There is no shortage of GT500s w/ low milage and nicely modded for the high $30's. Wait until the 2010 GT500 redseign hits then OMG... knock another 30% off.

The top dog ZCP M3s in 06 were selling for $64K OTD. Today on the boards they are begging to get $39K due to the E9x...
Old 07-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Administrator

the thing is, arent all of the 08 production challengers spoken for? i dont think that you can walk in and buy or order one now..you have to get an 09...i dont think that many of the 08s will end up back on the lot, unless the people cant afford them.

Quick Reply: I really really really hope these cars dont..