Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

J.D. Power Rating of the 2007 Charger (a car I hate)

Old 06-27-2007, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J.D. Power Rating of the 2007 Charger (a car I hate)

I sure hope the Challenger rates better. The overall Ratings and Who's buying the car are very interesting.

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/dodge/charger/2007
Old 06-27-2007, 06:38 AM

Default RE: J.D. Power Rating of the 2007 Charger (a car I hate)

Dodge Charger one of the hottest muscle cars ever.....

Turned into a touring sedan....
Now it's sporting AWD.. hmmmmmm.... an AWD muscle car????
What's next? Turning it into a mini van? A muscle Van?

Maybe they can turn it into a cross over. Next thing you'll see is a commercial of it off road mud bogging.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:42 AM

I don't exactly hate the car itself. It is a nice car for a sedan. But they should have NEVER EVER CALLED IT A CHARGER. Since the had got rid of the Intrepid, they should have kept that name for their sedan car, like Chrysler did with the 300.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son owns a 2006 Go-Man-Go Daytona. It has flow masters and a cold air intake. This car rocks. He keeps it clean and shiney and people stop him and ask question constantly about the car. The hemi has an awsome sound with those flowmasters. He owns 3 other cars a 93 3000GT, an 86 Conquest TSI and a 91 Stealth R/T TT. He says the favorite one to drive is the Daytona. It is the newest so that might be a factor. Hes at Myrtle Beach in the car right now. I've rode in the car many times and that thing will fly. I owned a 69 Charger R/T and I think it would be a close race. But I would prefer the looks of the 69. The Daytona is one nice automobile and will go down as a popular model, with sales figures to back it up. It took me a few rides in it to warm up to it.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

I find most of these ratings to be irrelivant anyways because they tend to base things more on how a door shuts than if the car will leave you stranded on the side of the road. This will only be the second year of production; therefore, this is a short-term reliability test and in my mind is to be ignored.

Low demand? I see them everywhere. I agree they should have used a different name but oh well, it doesn't even compare to what they did back in the 80s. That Charger "Omni" was the biggest disgrace to the name Charger that ever was.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-30-2007, 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Low demand? I see them everywhere. I agree they should have used a different name but oh well, it doesn't even compare to what they did back in the 80s. That Charger "Omni" was the biggest disgrace to the name Charger that ever was.
I must agrre for both sides. Yes I don't like that the Charger is a 4 door however, other than the Intrepid, 300 M, and a few others, it is the only 4 door that would ever own. Plus the way the second set of doors is placed a person may not know it is a 4 door if it drove by.
The Charger "Omni", can you say VW Rabbit or Yugo? What where they smoking back then?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:57 AM

My mother just bought a 2007 Charger Sub-lime Daytona four days ago and i got to say i just love the car.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:16 PM

Not sure why you "hate" the new Charger. "Hate" is such a strong word.
I'm guessing you haven't driven one. If you had, I think you'd use a different way of expressing your disappointment with the style/design.
If you're opposed to the fact that it has four doors, rest assured that it can still hustle with the best cars the competition has to offer in the same price range, regardless of what they named it.
I guess nobody told the car it has four doors so it shouldn't ride, perform, and have fit/finish better than the Chargers of the '60's and '70's, regardless of it's namesake/history.
We love our R/T. It's everything we could have hoped for. It's reliable, has looks, style, comfort, performance and attitude. What more could we ask for?
Old 07-01-2007, 12:25 PM

I had a short ride in one and perhaps hate is a bit strong for some but I've never been one to sugar coat anything. I think the new Charger no matter what color or how many stripes they put on it, and the 300 are big ugly cars. Just my opinion.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:34 PM

Ugly (and beauty) are in the eye of the beholder. That's subjective.
As for "big", let's compare numbers (not subjective) with performance numbers tossed in just for the "fun" of it;

1968 Dodge Challenger R/T;
Length - 208 inches
Wheelbase- 117 inches
Weight- 4035 lbs
Width- 76.6 inches
Engine- V8 440 cu in. (375 hp)
0-60 mph- 6.5 sec.
1/4 mile- 14.9 sec.
Fuel Mileage- 8/12 (very kind estimate)

2006 Dodge Challenger R/T;
Length - 200.1 inches
Wheelbase- 120 inches
Weight- 4031 lbs.
Width- 74.5 inches
Engine- V8 345 cu in. (340 hp)
0-60 mph- 6.2 sec.
1/4 mile- 14.3 sec.
Fuel Mileage- 17/25 mpg

I like the styling of the 1968 Charger R/T as much as you do. BUT I also remember looking over that endless hood hanging WAY out from the steering wheel and quickly remember that I like driving the '06 MUCH better than the '68. The '06 handles and rides better, gets better mileage, has all of the "creature comforts" I've grown to appreciate, and draws as many admiring looks and comments as the '68 did in it's day.
Maybe I'm NOT a "purist". That doesn't mean I can't appreciate the old cars of my youth as much as I appreciate the new ones of my middle age. I'd just prefer to "wrench" less on my cars now than I used to. Frankly, I just don't have the time.
THAT'S why I'm looking forward to the 2008/2009 Challenger. I could get a '73 Challenger - and spend just as much time working on it as driving it. OR I can get the new muscle and enjoy the best of both worlds.

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion.
OPINION - often given , rarely asked for, usually worthless.
We can agree to disagree.

Quick Reply: J.D. Power Rating of the 2007 Charger (a car I hate)